Employers
About Addis Ababa Tannery Share Company

Established in 1925, Addis Ababa Tannery Share Company is the oldest tannery in Ethiopia. The Tannery was founded by two Armenians’, Mr. Muse Savajian and Avadi Savajian. Later on, in the year 1935 one of the founders, Mr. Avadis Savajian, took the total ownership of the factory.

The initial capital of the factory could not be traced back as there was no documented evidence on such aspect.

The Tannery currently produces about 1,200 pieces of hides and 2,400 pieces of goat and ship skins per day. It uses different machineries like drums for soaking, tanning and retanning, lime and wet blue splitting machines, shaving, sum-setting, vacuum dryer, ironing, buffing, staking, roller, coater, sprying, measuring etc to carry out the production process. 95% of the chemical consumption of the Company is imported whereas 5% comes from the local market.

Covering a total area of 57,657m2 of land which consists various offices, warehouses and production buildings. The Company is located in the North-West of Addis Ababa along the road which takes to Ambo. It is 10km from the heart of Addis Ababa within Kolfe Keranyo Sub-city Kebele 15/16 House Number 780.