Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children Ethiopia Country Office wants to hire competent Consulting firms to Review of the project “Access to protection, education and health for children with disabilities and other vulnerable children in North Gondar Zone, Amhara Regional State, Ethiopia”.
The main objectives of the review are to:
· Capture the core components of the project, especially how the project works across sectors and tools being used.
· Document the results of the project, lessons learned, main challenges and the factors determining success.
· Assess and document the work related to partnership and children’s participation
· Assess the sustainability of the project and give advice on replicability of project components for other countries to consider, including advice on whether some of the components of the project could be integrated into other SCN programmes and how (mainstreaming)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Consultant(s)/researcher(s) interested in bidding for this consultancy should fill the following requirements:
• Advanced University degree in Social Sciences or equivalent in Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology Developmental Psychology and other Social Science from a recognized institution.
• Extensive and proven experience in designing and conducting independent evaluations, reviews and/or research of development programmes
• Good communication skills as well as strong analytical and report writing skills (English)
• Knowledge and experience of using participatory methodologies
• Strong knowledge and experience of programming for marginalized children, including children with disabilities
• Good knowledge and understanding program area