Background/International Medical Corps (IMC) Summary:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofits organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The primary purpose of the position is to work in close collaboration with the Compliance Coordinator in coordinating and leading the entire compliance review work, provide technical support and supervise and review the compliance review work under her/his supervision. Moreover the post holder is expected to provide guidance and facilitate the compliance review engagement under, Field offices, partner organizations and country office departments assigned to him/her.
During compliance review and compliance officers supervision the post holders oversee compliance to the regulatory and organizational policies, donor requirement and other governing rules by evaluating internal control environment, practices and operations focusing in both financial utilization and operational activities. Moreover, the post holder will be responsible in providing professional advice on preventive, detective and corrective internal control and organizational risk management to respective field, and country office management. S/he is responsible to supervise compliance officers.
Key Working Relationships:
Position reports to: Compliance Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Compliance officers
Other Internal contacts: (NA)
Job roles and responsibilities
1. Compliance Review Planning And Coordination
· In conjunction with Compliance Coordinator, the compliance managers will develop a compliance review plan through a comprehensive risk assessment exercise identified by different department, field offices within IMC Ethiopia Country Office.
· Design compliance review engagement schedule with consultation to compliance coordinator and coordinate the pre compliance review/visit/, period information.
· Allocate compliance review engagement assignments to compliance officers with guidance from the compliance coordinator according to the approved compliance review plan and special request from Country Director & Senior Management Team.
· Approve the compliance review methodology; review samples prepared by the compliance officers before the compliance review execution starts and in the same way receive approval from compliance coordinator for compliance review executed by him/her.
· Up on request by CD Facilitates and coordinate both internal and/or external audit and provide support to country office management for the audit preparation in conjunction with Compliance coordinator.
2. Compliance Review Execution and Follow up
· Conduct compliance review based on approved compliance review plan, for Field offices and partner’s organization, country office departments with regards to financial data and documents to declare accuracy, completeness and compliance with policies, and procedures and applicable government regulations and other governing rules and regularities.
· In the shortage of compliance officers conduct all types of standard compliance review areas (Program Monitoring and Compliance, Finance, Human Resource, Log and procurements, sub award managements, etc…)
· Develop and make follow up of compliance review, both (internal and /or/external) audit, donors review recommendation implementation status of each respective previous compliance review both (internal and /or/external) audit, donors review on quarterly basis.
· Perform and supervise the compliance officer under his supervision on compliance review procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques with proper standard compliance review working papers and/or other suitable mechanism.
· Conduct food ,medical commodity other NFI and whole supply chain management review and lead team and identify the irregularities which needs corrective actions to the management
· Analyses and conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment and documents the results of compliance review work in accordance with compliance department standards
· Update concerned management, department and partners about the compliance review findings as well as recommendations against any irregularity upon completion of review during meeting, prior to submission of draft compliance review report to the compliance coordinator.
· Prepares timely compliance review reports based on the standard template and review the assignment conducted by compliance officers prior to submission to compliance Coordinator.
· Test and review quality standards are met and maintained by each department and field office through provision of compliance review recommendation.
· Conduct and lead ad hoc fraud investigation assigned by Compliance coordinator or CD.
· Oversee the development of a Country Office Risks Register and monitors the effectiveness of the controls put in place by management to manage these risks.
· Provides advice on internal control process to required management/department/FO and participates in enhancing compliance review standards and practices within organization
· Work with compliance coordinator, Country Director and Senior Management to improve their understanding of risk management and operational compliance
· Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor that are within the general scope of the described responsibilities.
3. Management Responsibilities - Staff Management and Development
· Build and develop the capacity of the compliance officers through the use of effective training, on job coaching, performance management frameworks and development plan.
· Provide professional trainings and/or induction to All IMC staff and partners organization whenever required and assigned by Compliance Coordinator.
· Updating him/herself through consistent required compliance professional practice knowledge and amendment, local regulatory and donor rules.
· Supervise and effectively coordinate the compliance officers under his/her supervision
· Guide and coach staff for top performance and expected excellence.
· Promotes innovation and learning environment to the compliance team
· Conduct performance appraisal as per HR standard to staff under his/her supervision.
· With the help and guidance of compliance coordinator take part in investigations as and when required, prepare investigation reports with recommendations.
· Any other tasks assigned by the compliance coordinator
· Participate in East Africa and other Compliance review assignments inside the country Office as required by Compliance and Risk Service Department and approved by the Compliance coordinator.
· 6-8 YEARS OF MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Audit, Risk and/or Compliance Experience (preferably with INGOs)
· Solid Experience with INGOs (different number of years depending on seniority)
· Certified CIA, ACCA or CPA or CRM (for the manager and coordinator position)
· Strong knowledge of donor regulations (preferably USAID, DFID, ECHO, etc.)
· Strong Team Management and Leadership Skills (for the manager and coordinator)
· Strong time Management and organizational skills (for all)
· Solid experience with Excel, Word and Power Point
· Strong familiarity with the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
· A generalist with strong familiarity with various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, Logs, I.T, Program)
· Language Skills: (English, and a second language (Arabic and/or French preferred depending on the region and country)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV