Under the supervision of the HR & Admin Manager the Senior HR Officer provides general human resources support services for the department. He/she will be responsible for: managing the recruitment and selections process, for managing the employment contracts which includes proper record keeping, for producing updated staff information including payroll data on a monthly basis for the assigned areas. the other main purposes of this post is to be the link between field and country office and will ensure that field HR and Admin tasks are properly managed in the field office, provides necessary capacity building support to HR and Admin staff in the field office, Covers during staff annual leave in the field as well as at the country office with frequent travel to field offices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitates the preparation and timely completion of staff employment contracts
2. Maintains staff personal files (which should include all the required documents as per the staff file checklist).
3. Ensures this IMC program offices locations employee has valid Employment contract on the file (which entails proper employment contract management).
4. Identify vacant position, and organize assessment methods and involve in recruitment and selection process with related department members and produce all the required reports.
5. Ensures that all new hired staffs’ Inductions documents are properly documented
6. Assists the management of employees grievance based on the IMC manual and Ethiopian Labour low.
7. Follow up and ensure that all staff files are with updated and signed JDs, and also staff performance appraisals are done in a timely manner.
8. Assist in implementing staff insurance policies and updates.
9. Fill the gap in the field whenever a vacancy arises in the field and or when field HR staff is on leave/R&R.
10. Identify capacity building opportunities in all the field offices and drafts a plan to ensure staff are trained on necessary/relevant areas.
11. Ensures accuracy of all HR records from the field.
12. Periodically reviews records on Employment contract and/or renewals and related documents with field HR and Admin Manager and also ensures that records are done as per the HR policy and procedures.
13. Reviews and produces monthly reports on staff data for payroll and other HR related tasks.
14. Assists in maintenance of the staff personal data as per staff personal data checklist and IMC regulations.
15. Works with the targets of avoiding auditors comment but assists in audit queries in a timely manner (the settlement of Tests of Transactions) from Internal Audit department and external audit.
16. Ensures that the work of field office HR departments are in compliance with internal controls and internal auditors/donors requirements.
17. Reviews the progress of tasks related to field office HR related tasks such as: filling vacant posts, process final payment for staff who exit, follow the rehire process and also coordinate the proper follow up of PA, at the end of projects , etc
18. Collect employment related changes and submit for the monthly scanning so that this can be sent to the internal auditors on a monthly basis.
19. Produce feedbacks on HR and Admin Department staff Performance assessment inputs to the HR & Admin Manager for further Assessments.
20. Oversee the pension cover as per the law, follow up the provision of ID for the field office staff.
21. Manages staff exit process which includes managing clearance, final payment, work certificate, insurance exclusions, etc.
22. Performs any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor Degree in Business management or HRM.
· Knowledge of Ethiopia Labour Law.
· Five Years or more in INGO work experience in related field.
· Work experience in similar field working station is an advantage.
· Good knowledge of English language, especially writing skills, knowledge’s for staff Data management.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV, credentials and cover letter explaining their experience relating to the job description prior to the application dead line of this vacancy announcement to the following address(s). Electronic submissions are requested and preferred.
International Medical Corps – Ethiopia Country Office
Human Resources Department
Only Candidates selected for the interview will be contacted
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV