Catholic Relief Services Ethiopia is one of the largest country programs of Catholic Relief Services, the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States, working to alleviate human suffering and foster human development in Ethiopia since 1958. CRS/Ethiopia through its partnership with local church agencies, other faith-based partners, non-governmental organizations and the government implements program activities including water and sanitation; emergency preparedness and recovery; agriculture and livelihoods; microfinance and HIV and AIDS. CRS/Ethiopia is currently serving the poor and the disadvantaged in nine of Ethiopia’s 10 regions based solely on need, regardless of their religion or ethnicity.
CRS Ethiopia is looking for a warehouse cleaning service provider for is warehouses/offices in Adama, Dire Dawa, Kombolcha and Mekelle sub-offices effective January 1, 2017.
The service provider shall provide uninterrupted cleaning services to CRS Ethiopia’s commodity warehouses and offices assigning the right number of cleaners at all times.
# of Warehouses
31 warehouses in 7 compounds
18 warehouses in 10 compounds
28 warehouses in 10 compounds
18 warehouses in 9 compounds
B. The Service Provider’s Responsibilities/Obligations:
1. The cleaning services shall be performed in a way that the warehouses are always clean. To this effect the service provider shall assign the right number of cleaners at all times.
2. Factors to be considered for number of additionally needed warehouse cleaners at each location are:
a. Proximity between warehouses
b. Size and number of Warehouses and size office space
c. # of formally employed CRS warehouses cleaners, if any
d. Commodity movement and activity load at the warehouses
3. The assigned cleaners shall perform the following activities:
4.1 Cleaning Activities
4.1.1 Receive and keep all warehouse/office cleaning materials at custody and use them properly;
4.1.2 Conduct cleaning service of the warehouses/offices, non-food item stores (applies only for Adama) and the surrounding area;
4.1.3 Clean the toilet and make sure that toilet supplies are available at all times
4.1.4 Collects and burns garbage as necessary
4.2.1 Reports any irregularities such as broken doors, keys, leaking roofs etc. to the A/warehouse keeper/supervisor
4.2.2 Surrenders lost and found items to the immediate supervisor by keeping integrity and honesty.
4.3 Delivering Assistance
4.3.1 Assists warehouse keepers while receiving and dispatching and reconditioning of commodities.
4.3.2 Performs other related duties as required.
4. The service provider shall be responsible for providing the necessary cleaning materials to the cleaners in a timely manner.
5. The service provider shall assign uniforms and appropriate protective equipment such as dust masks and hand gloves to the assigned cleaners and shall supervise the consistent and appropriate use of the items.
6. The service provider shall provide the names of each assigned cleaner for verification purposes well in advance of assignment to perform the cleaning services and whether there is replacement of assigned cleaners.
7. The service provider shall be fully responsible to see that all works performed by its cleaners are in a professional, efficient manner and conform to the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct. For this purpose, the service provider shall employ qualified, competent and well trained cleaners to perform the services as well as closely monitor the performance of the assigned cleaners.
8. The service provider shall assign a supervisor who will make regular supervision and ensure the performance of the assigned cleaners while they are on duty.
9. The service provider shall be responsible for any damages and loss due to the failure of the assigned cleaners while performing their duties. The service provider is expected to include copy of insurance cover against such loss/damages in the technical proposal.
10. The service provider shall ensure prompt replacement of cleaners who are not able to report to work due to sickness, vacation, family commitment or any other reasons.
C. CRS Ethiopia’s Responsibilities/Obligations
1. CRS Ethiopia’s sub-offices’ A/warehouse keeper/supervisor shall issue specific work schedules to the assigned cleaners and follow up on the proper execution of the service.
2. CRS Ethiopia may, at any time, request in writing the withdrawal or replacement of any assigned cleaner of the service provider assigned to perform the cleaning work. The service provider shall, at its own cost and expense, withdraw or replace such cleaners forthwith. A request by CRS Ethiopia for withdrawal or replacement of the cleaner shall not be deemed a termination of the Service Contract.
3. CRS Ethiopia shall not be liable for any action, omission, negligence or misconduct of the service provider’s cleaner, or supervisor nor for any insurance coverage which may be necessary or desirable for the purpose of this service, nor for any costs, expenses or claims associated with any illness, injury, death or disability of the service provider’s cleaners or supervisor, performing work or services in connection with the service.
4. As per the agreement that will be made in the service contract, CRS Ethiopia shall effect payment for service rendered as per the agreed date.
D. Profile of the Service Provider and its cleaners
1. The Service Provider must have branch offices in the respective cities where the service is rendered, i.e, Adama, Dire Dawa, Kombolcha and Mekelle. For this purpose, the service provider should submit a copy of registration/license given to it by the respective cities administrative organs together with VAT registration and TIN certificates.
2. The Service Provider must have sufficient qualified pool of reserve cleaners to call from when required to do so during increased operational activities.
3. Each assigned cleaner shall be properly trained and have proof of certificate from appropriate body or license, TIN no., in accordance with local law to perform warehouse cleaning services.
4. It is expected that each assigned cleaner has completed at least 10th grade and has acceptable English command as well as have good practical experience in warehouse/office cleaning.
How to Apply
A. How to submit proposal
1. Interested service providers may request a visit to the branch offices to visit the warehouse before they submit their proposals. Please contact our Human Resource Department or our branch offices in the four towns if you need further clarification.
2. The proposal should be in two separately sealed envelopes:
2.1 Technical Proposal:
2.1.1 Information on your company:
a. Company profile, date of establishment and information on your company’s branch offices
b. Total number of cleaners pooled
c. List of at least 3-5 of your main clients where you are engaged with in warehouse/office cleaning activities (references may be requested later on) and other information that you believe is important
2.1.2 Proposed Services of CRS
a. Proposed development plan of cleaners to be assigned at each CRS warehouse
b. List of all cleaning material to be used
c. Minimum qualifications and experience of cleaners and supervision of assigned cleaners
d. Expression of possibility for quick support from your company’s head office (on when-needed emergency basis) and other information that you believe is important for your proposal.
2.2 Financial Proposal
2.2.1 Service Fee
a. Service fee break down per cleaner
b. Total service fee
2.2.2 Financial Documents
a. Copies of licenses (professional and business licenses) issued by the respective city administration
b. Copies of tax registration (TIN, VAT reg. no) c. Copy of insurance coverage against loss/damage,
Your proposals should be marked “Proposal for CRS Ethiopia Warehouse/office Cleaning Service” and submitted to Human Resources Department in Person by no later than November 4, 2016.
Physical Address: Catholic Relief Services Ethiopia
Gulele Sub-City, Patriots Street, Enqulal Fabrica
Addis Ababa Tel,: 0112788800
Kombolcha 033 5 51 14 51
Dire Dawa 025 1 11 84 65/025 1 18 12 33
Adama 022 1 11 11 52/022 1 11 16 70
Mekelle 034 2 40 52 52/034 2 40 52 53
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV