Catholic Relief Services Ethiopia is one of the largest country programs of Catholic Relief Services, the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States, working to alleviate human suffering and foster human development in Ethiopia since 1958. CRS/Ethiopia through its partnership with local church agencies, other faith-based partners, non-governmental organizations and the government implements program activities including water and sanitation; emergency preparedness and recovery; agriculture and livelihoods; microfinance and HIV and AIDS. CRS/Ethiopia is currently serving the poor and the disadvantaged in nine of Ethiopia’s 10 regions based solely on need, regardless of their religion or ethnicity.
CRS Ethiopia is looking for a security service provider for its warehouses/offices in Adama, Dire Dawa, and Kombolcha sub-offices effective January 1, 2017.
The service provider shall provide uninterrupted security services to CRS Ethiopia’s commodity warehouses/offices assigning the right number of guards at all times.
# of Warehouses
25 warehouses in 2 compounds
9 warehouses in 1 compound
4 warehouses in 4 compounds
B. The Service Provider’s Responsibilities/Obligations:
The Service Provider shall perform the security services with the following procedures and specific outputs/deliverables:
1. The Service Provider performs the security services 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, day and night at CRS sub offices in Dire Dawa, Adama, and Kombolcha.
2. The Service Provider makes sure that its personnel on duty should have appropriate attributes:
i. Healthy both physically and mentally
ii. Well qualified, well acquainted with the job specific areas of responsibilities,
iii. Have good behavior and decent manner
iv. Have no criminal records of any kind.
3. Factors to be considered for the number of security personnel to be assigned at each location are:
i. Proximity between warehouses
ii. Size and number of Warehouses
iii. Commodity movement and activity load at the warehouses
iv. Size of compound.
4. The security personnel shall be uniformed and wear appropriate identification badges. The names of each Security Personnel shall be given to CRS/Ethiopia for verification purposes well in advance of assignment to perform services.
5. The assigned security personnel shall perform the following activities:
i. Properly conduct controls of entries and exits, body search and ID card check/verification of the incoming people other than the staff working at the warehouses/offices and securing peace of the inhabitants at the offices and overall security of the warehouses/offices with their entire premises.
ii. Assist visitors upon arrival at the office gates in an effective and professional manner and register their names and direct them to the relevant person.
iii. Follow up and control movement of people and trucks with close attention while receiving or dispatching of commodities is being performed.
i. Reports any irregularities such as broken doors, keys, leaking roofs etc. to the warehouse keeper/supervisor
ii. Surrenders lost and found items to the immediate supervisor by keeping integrity and honesty.
iii. Assists warehouse keepers while receiving and dispatching and reconditioning of commodities.
iv. Performs other related duties as required.
6. The Service Provider takes appropriate disciplinary actions for professional misconduct or unacceptable performance of its staff, adheres to CRS/Ethiopia rules and regulations while managing its personnel conducts.
7. The Service Provider assigns a supervisory crew that will spot checks regularly to control the performance of the assigned security personnel while on duty.
8. The Service Provider takes all reasonable measures to ensure that its personnel conform to the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct.
9. The Service Provider ensures prompt replacement of guards who are not able to report to work due to sickness, vacation, family commitment or any other reason.
10. The Service Provider ensures that no guard is required to work more than 12 consecutive hours at any time, 48 hours in a week and should conduct all its businesses as per the provisions of the Ethiopian labor law and other applicable laws of the land
C. CRS Ethiopia’s Responsibilities/Obligations
1. CRS Ethiopia’s sub-offices’ A/warehouse keeper/supervisor shall follow up on the proper execution of the service.
2. CRS Ethiopia may, at any time, request in writing the withdrawal or replacement of any assigned guard of the service provider assigned to perform the security work. The service provider shall, at its own cost and expense, withdraw or replace such guards forthwith. A request by CRS Ethiopia for withdrawal or replacement of the guard shall not be deemed a termination of the Service Contract.
3. CRS Ethiopia shall not be liable for any action, omission, negligence or misconduct of the service provider’s guard, or supervisor nor for any insurance coverage which may be necessary or desirable for the purpose of this service, nor for any costs, expenses or claims associated with any illness, injury, death or disability of the service provider’s guards or supervisor, performing work or services in connection with the service.
4. As per the agreement that will be made in the service contract, CRS Ethiopia shall effect payment for service rendered as per the agreed date.
D. Profile of the Service Provider and its guards
1. The Service Provider must have branch offices in the respective cities where the service is rendered, i.e, Adama, Dire Dawa, and Kombolcha. For this purpose, the service provider should submit a copy of registration/license given to it by the respective cities administrative organs together with VAT registration and TIN certificates.
2. The Service Provider must have sufficient qualified pool of reserve guards to call from when required to do so during increased operational activities.
3. Each assigned guard shall be properly trained and have proof of certificate from appropriate body or license, TIN no., in accordance with local law to perform warehouse/office security services.
4. It is expected that each assigned guard has completed at least 8th grade and has acceptable English command as well as have good practical experience in guarding warehouse/office.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV