With a view to following up and contributing to the implementation of the AU Tripoli Declaration of August 2009, the Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS, Addis Ababa University) has taken the initiative to convene a High Level Forum on Security in Africa.
Under this broad mission, the initiative is a response to the Tripoli Declaration that appeals for “African-centered solutions”, and makes peace and security a collective “intellectual challenge”. In this respect, the Forum’s specific objectives are to complement the valuable work being accomplished by official AU and RECs decision-making bodies and their formal mechanisms.
The Forum is an informal gathering of African decision makers, peace and security stakeholder groups and their large constituency, for an open discussion of security issues and challenges on the continent. It is also intended to be institutionalized and become an annual event. The maiden high-level forum took place in 13-14 April, 2012 and the sixth edition of the forum will take place from the 22nd-23rd of April, 2017.
Under the supervision of the Tana High-Level Forum secretariat Head, the delegations handler will assist in the planning, developing and executing the forum activities and will be responsible for the overall Logistical coordination.
Tasks and deliverables
· Preparation of Forum invitations and transmission to participants in both English and French Languages.
· Preparation of speaker invitations and communication to selected speakers both in English and French Languages
· Communication with participants (on registration, international and domestic flight, hotel Addis Ababa and Bahir Dar and protocol and visa)
· Will continuously update and keep track of the master registration list.
· Will work closely with the Tana forum logistics with booking tickets, accommodation and other travel arrangements of the participants.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall send a covering letter and CV not more than 3 pages to IPSS through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by the 23rd of October 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV