Title: Shelter Team Leader
Contract Duration: Until December 31, 2016
Reports to: Shelter Manager
Date of Advert: October 12, 2016
· Responsible for site management in productions and operations for shelter projects
· Ensure that DRC’s objectives and work plans are meet and raise awareness of DRCs approach ensuring all implementation follows DRC policies and procedures.
· Regularly monitor and evaluate the projects performance and provide timely inputs, feedback and reports of impact of the DRC shelter program interventions
· Play an important role in the realization of project implementation and production of activities in a well-planned, organized and coordinated manner.
· Develop and generate activity reports and summaries in the projects and beyond when necessary in collaboration with field officers.
· Together with Senior management Team, part of preparing and implementing of annual and quarterly work plans and reports
· Report monitoring details back to DRC management
Representation and coordination
To ensure that DRC maintains excellent and productive relations with all key stakeholders, especially beneficiaries, local authorities, partners and donors. Tasks include: a) representing DRC at relevant forums/ meetings, b) ensuring other staff are appropriately representing DRC at relevant forums/ meetings, c) maintaining agreed profile of DRC at Area/ project level, d) conducting regular stakeholder analyses to ensure that DRC has good understanding of dynamics/ relationships, e) ensuring that all staff maintain beneficiaries and communities at the centre of DRC’s stakeholder list, f) engaging in coordination processes amongst key stakeholders.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in handling any construction supervision, preferably with INGO’s
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Stable and robust character and a good team player
· Excellent computer skills , especially Autocad, excel and word
· Good command in spoken written English.
· Honest and trustworthy person
· Good negotiator in working with NGOs and local authorities
· Experience handling construction work /supervision , preferably with NGOs
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV