Job title: Assistant Plumber
Location: HRP- Afar berhalle
Reference No: HRP/178/16
Closing date Octoer 20, 2016
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
GOAL has been working in Ethiopia since 1984 implementing a range of development, resiliency and humanitarian responses - working with street children, pastoralists and rural small holders. Currently GOAL Ethiopia's major funders are USAID/OFDA, ECHO, BPRM, Irish Aid/MAPS, Irish Aid/EHAF, UNOCHA.GOAL currently work in over 40 woredas across four Regions of Ethiopia and we deliver a range of programs including child protection, development, nutrition, emergency relief and rehabilitation. In 2005 GOAL, in partnership with USAID/OFDA, established the Humanitarian Response Programme (HRP) to respond to emergency nutrition situations in Ethiopia. This programme has grown substantially over the years, and is now multi-donor and multi-sectorial, with interventions throughout Ethiopia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GOAL Ethiopia is looking for a competent, motivated, experienced worker to join and this is an exciting opportunity to be par of a dynamic team. You will be joining the organisation at a moving time of growth and change and you’ll be instrumental in providing support in the delivery of the Program to the organisation and its employees.
You'll be an experienced Assistant Plumber with humanitarian and development work experience. You will be responsible for the overall management of refugee water system and partners water line connected with GOAL managing Borehole, sensitization and education of community on water system at Afar Berhallle programme office.
· Two year experience on plumbing
· Local language speaker is advantageous.
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences:
· Familiarity to local culture and speaks Afarigna.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
· Ability to effectively liaise with government authorities, UN agencies and NGOs
· Flexible and creative approach, highly motivated and able to take the initiative and work unsupervised
· Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language,
· Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
· Understanding of the HRP nature and willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Remuneration & Benefits:
Transportation Allowance - 10% of monthly salary
Medical Allowance - Birr 6500/annum (will be added in your monthly salary)
Hardship Allowance – 50% of monthly salary
Pension – 11 % from the employer and 7 % from the employee
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV