Scope of training
Your tasks will be to support the GIZ PAU team in Addis Ababa in its efforts to assist its partners in the realisation of this complex project. You will be integrated into the daily operations, supporting the team in its tasks and participating in internal meetings. You will be expected to keep yourself up to date with the core developments of the project in order to be able to react timely to various requests.
· You will support the PAU Team in the writing of the project reports to monitor progress and compliance with project indicators. This will include the collection of and coordination of data.
· You will support the team in the preparations of high-level meetings, such as those of PAU governing bodies (Council, Senate, Technical Working Group) and the Key & Thematic Partners of PAU. Furthermore, you may be responsible for the minutes of meetings.
· You will be supporting the PR of the program. This includes the set-up of factsheets, presentations and other PR material. In addition, you will be involved in different tasks supporting research in the realm of Higher Education and Water & Energy, respectively.
· You will support the set-up of tailor-made internships and career services at PAUWES.
· In addition you will take on other technical and logistical tasks to support communication and knowledge and event management.
· Successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on (higher) education, social sciences, communication sciences, organizational development, water and energy sciences (policy) or other related study fields.
· Excellent communication skills in English, both in speaking and writing.
· have already gained some professional experience (e.g. through internships or volunteering)
· Have excellent intercultural and diplomatic skills or the willingness to learn, as you will work with high-level African and international political actors and partners on sensitive political issues.
· Able to work independently, show initiative and are able to ask for guidance or raise issues if they occur.
· Advanced in using Microsoft office programs, are self-organized and motivated to work in an intercultural team in our office in Addis Ababa.