Objective 1 Ensure proper running of BSFP activities
- Organize, plan and supervise the implementation of identified activities in coordination with other departments;
- Ensure protocols (ACF/National) are strictly followed during the implementation of BSFP activities (defining the rations, identifying and registering beneficiaries, distribution, monitoring, etc.)
- Evaluate the relevance and appropriateness of the intervention in view of the evolution of the context and needs (contradictory results, nutritional value, cultural habits, etc.)
- Participate in the recruitment and appraisal of BSFP staffs
- Ensure proper referral of cases between the BSFP and other components of CMAM
- Propose solutions or improvements to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Ensure timely availability of necessary of material inputs and food commodities
2. Recording and reporting
- Keep daily records of cases and food commodities
- Analyse trends in admission and discharges
- Provide weekly/monthly data on caseload and food commodities with accuracy and completeness
- Elaborate reports (narrative and quantitative) both for internal and external consumptions in coordination with the logistics department.
- Provide proper food request based on anticipated caseload
3. Communication, teamwork and supervision
- Ensure good communication with the team
- Work in close collaboration with co-workers as well as with staffs of partners and the authority
- Report problems encountered in the centre or within the team to the NUT Expert
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the NUT Expert
- Participate actively in regular staff meetings
- Follow absences, late coming and/ or leaves and report them to the NUT expert and HR
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the CMAM supervisor
- Identify the training needs;
- Recruit and train team members;
- Plan and coordinate the team’s activities;
- Carry out appraisals of the team member
4: To guarantee the hygiene in the mixing and distribution area
- Ensure hand-washing facilities are there and functioning ;
- Ensure proper hygiene in the food mixing area and the rest of the BSFP facilities.
- Participate to the maintenance and the cleaning of the SFP site
5: Represent the organization in relation with the project to the local authorities and other partners:
Represent ACF locally whenever needed.
Educational background / Level of studies:
BSc. Degree in Health Officer or Clinical Nursing with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian organization (NGOs) and professional experience in food aid interventions. Experience in BSFP in a camp setting is desirable.
Good human relations and diplomacy – Analytical capacity – Capacity to organize the work and supervise the team –Knowledge of logistics (storage, transport, quality control) – Computer knowledge – Experience in problems linked with humanitarian crises – Good knowledge of English (read, written, spoken)-capacity to work under stressful situations-communication skills Humanitarian experience an asset –
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Application for BSFP- Program Manager” written in the subject line, and two references to the following addresses:
Action Contre la Faim – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (Nearby Dinberwa Hospital, Behind Mulmul Bakery): or Directly in Person to ACF’s Gambella, Pagak road in front of RRC office – Kebelle 04 House No. 664, Mega, Hawassa, Sekota and Kabri Dahar Offices; ACF sub-office located inside of NRC Office in the road towards Jewi camp
Or Main office Pugnido in front of Mike Hotel, Kebelle 03.
Or Through www.ethiojobs.net
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV