Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Provide technical support to the nutrition programmes and participate and supervises activities in the field.
- Make sure that the protocols are respected ;
- Involve in the situation analysis, strategy and program definition.
- Identify staff training needs and report to the PM.
- Plan, monitor and supervise community outreach activities
- Participate in the recruitments and appraisals of community outreach agents.
2: Improve the quality of the programmes
- Ensuring active case finding and referral by Community Nutritional Workers;
- Ensuring proper community awareness and sensitization through COAs;
- Ensuring proper absents and defaulters tracking through COAs;
- Collect, check and complete the orders before have them validated by the PM.
- Properly plan, make timely request and provision of supplies needed for community outreach activities including formats, MUAC tapes, visibility etc)
- Analyse the statistics of the Team leader and COAs; write accurate reports accordingly.
- Identify possible work or team problems, try to solve them and report to the PM ;
- Collect, correct and compile the activity reports.
- Work in close collaboration with the OTP, TSFP and BSFP in order to ensure the best follow-up of the beneficiaries.
- Organize monthly household counting and beneficiaries counting
- Organize monthly mass screening on a weekly basis
3: Supervise and manage the Community mobilisation Team leaders
- Support the Community Mobilization Team leaders in daily activities and concerning COAs management.
- Manage community mobilization team leaders.
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the PM
- Supervising the team daily work. (Work performance/ working time)
- Ensure good communication within the team
- Involve in the evaluation of the team leaders.
- Participate COAs recruitment and provide them with proper training on their activities;
- Ensure the respect of the protocol in the out-reach activities
- Organize weekly meetings with the team
- Follow absences, late coming and/ or leaves and report them to the programme manager
- Elaborate the team’s work schedule ;
- -Ensure technical support to the team.
4: Liaise with the authorities/partners
- Communicate the programme’s activities to the authorities/partners
- Represent ACF in meeting with authorities/partners when needed
- Close follow up of the overall situation and interpretation of different indicators such as direct follow up of health status, outbreaks, general nutrition status and refugee flow;
- Propose timely responses in case of new nutrition emergency
- Ensure implementation of community outreach activities in line with national and/or global recommendations
5: Ensure the interim for the Programme Manager when absent.
Educational/Professional Background: Diploma in nursing, community development, sociology and other related fields of studies plus at least 2 years of working experience in nutrition and/or CMAM outreach program
Experience in the humanitarian field and nutrition, Experience in managing a team, Strong communication skills, Planning, monitoring and evaluation skills, Good analytical capacity, Knowledge of informatics : Word, Excel, Fluency in English, Knowledge of Refuge language (Nuer) is compulsory.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Community out Reach Head of Project” written in the subject line, and two references to the following addresses:
Action Contre la Faim – Directly in Person to ACF’s, ACF sub-office located inside of NRC Office in the road towards Jewi camp
Main office Pugnido in front of Mike Hotel, Kebelle 03.
Action Contre la Faim, Human Resources Department, Addis Ababa, P.O. Box 2357, Yeka Sub City; Kebele 11/12, House No. 660 (Nearby Dinberwa Hospital, Behind Mulmul Bakery)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV