Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Provide technical support to the nutrition programmes and participate and supervises activities in the field.
- Make sure that the protocols are respected ;
- Involve in the situation analysis, strategy and program definition.
- Identify staff training needs and report to the PM.
- Plan, monitor and supervise community outreach activities
- Participate in the recruitments and appraisals of community outreach agents.
2: Improve the quality of the programmes
- Ensuring active case finding and referral by Community Nutritional Workers;
- Ensuring proper community awareness and sensitization through COAs;
- Ensuring proper absents and defaulters tracking through COAs;
- Collect, check and complete the orders before have them validated by the PM.
- Properly plan, make timely request and provision of supplies needed for community outreach activities including formats, MUAC tapes, visibility etc)
- Analyse the statistics of the Team leader and COAs; write accurate reports accordingly.
- Identify possible work or team problems, try to solve them and report to the PM ;
- Collect, correct and compile the activity reports.
- Work in close collaboration with the OTP, TSFP and BSFP in order to ensure the best follow-up of the beneficiaries.
- Organize monthly household counting and beneficiaries counting
- Organize monthly mass screening on a weekly basis
3: Supervise and manage the Community mobilisation Team leaders
- Support the Community Mobilization Team leaders in daily activities and concerning COAs management.
- Manage community mobilization team leaders.
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the PM
- Supervising the team daily work. (Work performance/ working time)
- Ensure good communication within the team
- Involve in the evaluation of the team leaders.
- Participate COAs recruitment and provide them with proper training on their activities;
- Ensure the respect of the protocol in the out-reach activities
- Organize weekly meetings with the team
- Follow absences, late coming and/ or leaves and report them to the programme manager
- Elaborate the team’s work schedule ;
- -Ensure technical support to the team.
4: Liaise with the authorities/partners
- Communicate the programme’s activities to the authorities/partners
- Represent ACF in meeting with authorities/partners when needed
- Close follow up of the overall situation and interpretation of different indicators such as direct follow up of health status, outbreaks, general nutrition status and refugee flow;
- Propose timely responses in case of new nutrition emergency
- Ensure implementation of community outreach activities in line with national and/or global recommendations
5: Ensure the interim for the Programme Manager when absent.
Educational/Professional Background: Diploma in nursing, community development, sociology and other related fields of studies plus at least 2 years of working experience in nutrition and/or CMAM outreach program
Experience in the humanitarian field and nutrition, Experience in managing a team, Strong communication skills, Planning, monitoring and evaluation skills, Good analytical capacity, Knowledge of informatics : Word, Excel, Fluency in English, Knowledge of Refuge language (Nuer) is compulsory.