Duties and Responsibilities
1.1: Project implementation
- Plan activities for implementation and achievement of program goals in order to achieve the set objectives;
- Plan/forecast program budget and monitor the financial utilisation of the program;
- Coordinate program implementation with other actors (government and NGOs) in the project area;
- Conduct site visits to monitor the implementation of activities and give guidance;
- Prepare internal and external activity reports for both ACF and the institutional donors;
- Achieve the CMAM indicators as per the SPHERE and national guidelines.
- Achieve the primary health activities indicators as per the national guideline standards.
1.2 Follow up and monitoring
- Initiate new project development (prepare concept notes for projects) based on accurate baseline surveys and information;
- To critically follow evolution of the disasters in the area;
- Propose timely responses in case of nutrition emergency and disease epidemics.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tool for the going project.
1.3: Team management
- Organise the team work and plan of actions (planning/responsibilities);
- Participate in the recruitment staffs;
- Carry-out personal performance appraisal of the team members;
- Identify teams` training needs and develop the capacity of the team by delivering on job training ;
- Work and collaborate transparently and efficiently with all the support departments both at base and capital levels;
- To set up, activate and manage ACF Mobile nutrition team (mobile OTP+ TFC Nurse).
- Organize basic training on Nutrition and Primary Health care for ACF staffs.
1.4: Represent ACF
- Participate at woreda level meetings and workshops;
- Implement other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Field Coordinator/Technical Advisors/DCD-Program;
- Develop a network of contacts at base level (INGOs, Government, technical or scientific, political) to allow a smooth implementation of the project;
- Whenever required to actively represent ACF at local authorities level: Coordination with Health, Education and Disaster Prevention, Preparedness and Women and child afire
- Bureau at woreda level and zone as well as with other health and nutritional actors through routine meetings plus regular formal communication;
- Active participation in Emergency Nutrition Coordination in the Woreda and Zone.
- Close follow up of the overall health and nutrition situation of not only Borena zone but as much as possible on other areas of concern in Oromiya region and interpretation of different indicators such as direct follow up of health status, outbreaks and general nutrition status and indirectly though other PM the situation of harvest, hunger gap period, market prices, livestock in targeted areas.
1.5: Participation on nutrition strategy development
- Participate actively in developing a coherent and sustainable nutrition strategy for the country.
Educational background/ Level of studies:
BSc. Degree in Health Officer or Clinical Nursing with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian organization (NGOs) out of which one year in CMAM and primary health program;
Required skills: Humanitarian experience in nutrition, good analysis capacity, skills in training and team management, skills budget management, Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, and Internet. Patience, good relations with other people, good capacity to work in a team, capacity to manage priorities, precision, capacity to share knowledge and train colleagues, knowing the local language; willingness to work under pressure and extra hours, extremely flexible, able to work independently, have the ability to cope with stressful situations, good organizational and interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to work in remote areas. Good knowledge in health & nutrition, CMAM protocol, CBN protocol, ICCM & CMNCH protocols and IYCF policy. Knowledge of local languages (Nuer) is compulsory and additional knowledge of local language (Agnwak) is advantageous of the working areas and ability to communicate in English Language is advantageous.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Nutrition Program Manager” written in the subject line, and two references to the following addresses:
Action Contre la Faim – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (Nearby Dinberwa Hospital, Behind Mulmul Bakery): or Directly in Person to ACF’s Gambella, Pagak road in front of RRC office – Kebelle 04 House No. 664, Mega, Hawassa, Sekota and Kabri Dahar Offices;
Or ACF sub-office located inside of NRC Office in the road towards Jewi camp
Or Main office Pugnido in front of Mike Hotel, Kebelle 03.
Or Through www.ethiojobs.net
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV