Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Ensure the smooth and accurate running of the OTP/SFP/BSFP site:
· Ensure that protocols are strictly followed and implemented;
· Ensure that the objectives are reached;
· Ensure the smooth-running of the site under any expected Circumstances and in case of any staff’s missing;
· Making sure of proper prediction and provision of the needed food and other supplies for the site in a timely manner;
· Coordinate the activities with the others partners (referral to MSF);
· Manage the products flow within the team.
2: Manage the team:
· Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the direct supervisor;
· Supervising the team daily work. (Work performance/ working time);
· Ensure good communication within the team;
· Train the team;
· Ensure the respect of the protocol in the site’s activities;
· Organize weekly meetings with the team;
· Follow absences, late coming and/ or leaves and report them to the programme manager;
· Elaborate the team’s work schedule;
· Ensure technical support to the team.
3: Reporting to the programme manager:
· Collect, check and give a finalize version of the reports (daily/weekly/monthly) from the team to the PM;
· Report to the PM the problems encountered in the running of the site and within the team.
4: Supervise the supply chain and management of drugs, RUTF and medical equipment:
· Ensure the sustainability, accuracy and timeliness of the Supply chain in integrated sites;
· Check that the medicine/RUTF/RUSF/HEB are delivered on time;
· Check the coherence of the state of the stocks with the orders;
· Consolidate the monthly consumption report;
· Take delivery of the order
5: Ensure the hygiene in the centre
· Ensure that there is enough water for the number of beneficiaries and staff of the nutrition site;
· Check that the containers for washing hands in the waiting and medical area is full and are located in a proper position;
· Ensure that the water tanks are cleaned and disinfected regularly and that chlorine is added;
· Ensure that the dirty water buckets are empty regularly;
· Make sure before leaving the site that the wastes are properly collected.
6: Liaise with the authorities/partners
· Communicate the program’s activities to the authorities/partners on the site;
· Represent ACF in meeting with authorities/partners when needed;
· Close follow up of the overall situation and interpretation of different indicators such as direct follow up of health status, outbreaks, general nutrition status and refugee flow;Propose timely responses in case of new nutrition emergency.
Educational/Professional Background: Degree/Diploma in Nursing, Health officer, Public Health from a recognized university or college, with 3/6 years of related experience, experience in supervision is required. Experience in NGO is advantageous.
Required skills: Experience in nutrition area, Good communication skills, Good team spirit, Humanitarian spirit,Knowledge of nutrition and experience in Nutritional program (OTP/SFP/BSFP) Capacity to manage priorities, creativity, flexibility; Report Writing English (fluent) and local language of the refugee (asset).
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Nutrition Supervisor” written in the subject line, and two references to the following addresses:
Action Contre la Faim – Directly in Person to ACF’s, ACF sub-office located inside of NRC Office in the road towards Jewi camp
Main office Pugnido in front of Mike Hotel, Kebelle 03.
Action Contre la Faim, Human Resources Department, Addis Ababa, P.O. Box 2357, Yeka Sub City; Kebele 11/12, House No. 660 (Nearby Dinberwa Hospital, Behind Mulmul Bakery)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV