Conduct the implementation of construction activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Participate in defining new construction operations:
- Participate in targeting villages and selecting locations for construction ;
- Collect the GPS data of new structures ;
- Make situation drawings ;
- Computerize construction designs using CAD.
2: Implement the construction activities:
- Ensure implementation of the activities defined by the WASH Program Manager
- Prepare detail BoQ, rate analysis, construction work plan
- Prepare the planning, coordinate and supervise the work on the worksites with well-organized field level implementation strategy
- Lead in selecting the local construction materials;
- Ensure proper use of equipment and their consumption ;
- Prepare work orders and check supplies;.
- Calculate the consumption of construction materials ; and facilitate the request for the supplies to avoid interruption of construction activity
- Check the quality of construction as per the specification and design drawings ;
- Record in a report the precise characteristics of each construction site: design, bill of quantity, etc.
- Write weekly activity reports and transmit them to the WASH Program Manager
- Make water safety plan, water quality testing and sanitary survey
- Manage the constructions material supply, record and proper utilization, and storage at the project locations.
- Calculate the work volume accomplished and prepare payment certificate for the labour contracts.
- Facilitate the skilled and none skilled labourers monthly salary payment and provide the payroll data to HR
3: Supervise the project team:
- Participate in the technical recruitment of the project team ;
- Elaborate the content of the required training and organize it ;
- Train the construction team ;
- Check the quality of the work performed ;
- Organize the work of the team: optimize distribution of tasks according to the team members’ potentials.
- Manage the field construction skilled (Forman, Masson, Plumber, Bar bender, Carpenter…) and none skilled team as required.
Educational Qualifications and Skills Required:
Qualification/Level of studies: Degree in Hydraulics /Water resource/ Civil Engineering
Required skills: : Analytical mind and global approach – Capable of supervising a team – organizational skills – Diplomacy – Relational qualities – Flexibility – Dynamism – Creativity – Computer skills – Knowledge of English, AUTO CAD, EPANET software
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV