SNV has recently launched a three years project named GYEM “Gender and Youth Empowerment in Horticulture Markets”. That is going to be implemented in partnership with unions of which Meki Batu union located in Meki of Oromia region and Timret union located in Butajira of SNNP region. The project has targeted 20,000 beneficiaries whit an emphasis on women vegetable producers. One of the major outcome of the project is to capacitate the union marketing performance so that members can earn more in a sustainable way. The union has infrastructure like cold store, pack house, cold truck, staff working as extension and marketing expert, and has few experience of exporting vegetables to Europe, Middle East and nearby countries. However, the amount of vegetables marketed by the union remained insignificant (12%) compared to the vegetable produced by its members.
GYEM project is looking for a consultant/consultancy firm who can support the union in its vegetable marketing in terms of identifying the segments and its requirements, prepare a feasible vegetable marketing strategy for export markets and capacitate the union in terms of working with reliable buyers.
Objectives and activities of the consultancy
1. Union management and board members have a better understanding of international markets.
2. Prepare the union for an upcoming international expo.
Competency and qualification requirements
1. Experience and sound understanding of vegetable markets and value chains, at global level as well as in Ethiopia
2. Experience in working with farmers and farmers organisation: coaching and training
3. Good understanding of farmer organizations and cooperative sector in Ethiopia or other countries or competitors
4. Strong intercultural and communication skills
5. Ability to produce brief and to-the-point reports supported by accurate data and figures
6. Previous experience in Ethiopia is an advantage
7. Fluency in English and understanding of local languages.
How to Apply
Procedures for Submission of Proposal:
· All interested firms should submit a Technical and Financial proposal. The technical proposal is scored for 80% and the financial for 20%.
· The detailed terms of reference and information on how to apply can be obtained by sending a request to Azeb Terefe at Aterefe@snvworld.org
· Interested Consultants/consulting companies should use the TOR outlined above for detailed application procedure.
· The proposals submitted should be in separate sealed envelopes marked TECHNICALSAL, or FINANCIAL PROPOSAL each and stating the title/Subject of the consultancy service. The subject of the service should be stated on each envelop.
All submissions should be sent to:
SNV Ethiopia, Human Resource Office
6th Floor, Tracon Tower
Churchill Road, Opp. Tikur Anbessa High School
Kebele 01/02, Arada Sub City
P.O. Box 40675
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
T: +251 (0)11 1262100
F: +251 (0)11 1262090
International consultants are advised to send their proposals in sealed envelopes through express mail (DHL)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV