As part of our global efforts to eliminate trachoma, The Fred Hollows Foundation is tackling trachoma in Oromia, one of the worst affected areas in the world. Since 2013 The Fred Hollows Foundation has been working with the Oromia Regional Health Bureau, in its effort to eliminate trachoma by 2020.
The Project Manager-MMDP, under the guidance and technical support of the program manager- surgery, will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Surgery component of the SAFE strategy for trachoma control in 8 zones of Oromia regional state. S/he closely works with and provides support to the Zonal Health departments in strengthening the implementation of the WHO endorsed surgery component of the SAFE strategy for the elimination of blinding trachoma. S/he will be based in Adama, Addis Ababa and is required to travel extensively to project areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and programme implementation
Qualification and Experience
Master’s in Public Health with strong experience in managing eye care programs
· Fluency in English and Afan Oromo, extensive knowledge of the region
· Ability to develop successful internal and external relationships
· Be able to balance deadlines and multiple stakeholders concurrently
· Supportive and encouraging management style, with demonstrated track record managing the performance and development of a small team of staff.
· Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in cross-cultural environments.
· Proficiency in computer use in office applications and internet
· Proven ability in writing project proposal and informative reportsPreparedness to undergo background checks including for working with children
How to Apply
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via ethiojobs.net and should include a resume and covering letter addressing your areas of experience that are relevant to the role. Please visit ethiojobs.net for more information.
Please note that due to high volume applications, only successful applicants will be contacted/
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday October 27, 2016
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV