Position Title: Regional PMTCT& Pediatrics
Reports to (tittle): Regional Director
Location: Benishangul -Gumuz
Under the guidance of Regional Director, the PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics advisor supports the design and implementation of comprehensive, family centered, and quality PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics Care and Treatment programs at ICAP-CU in Ethiopia supported regions and health facilities.
Major Accountabilities Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of the PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics Unit of ICAP - CU in Ethiopia, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· In the absence of the PMTCT/MNCH advisor supporting the FMOH ,the incumbent will Provide technical assistance at national level to rollout PMTCT/MNCH and pediatric HIV care and treatment services
· Provide technical assistance to the emerging RHBs in developing/updating/customizing different provider support tools and client education materials
· Support capacity building of staffs in the health care system at different levels of the emerging regions
· Facilitate PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics related trainings and monitor the quality
· Ensure the implementation of PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics minimum package in ICAP supported heath networks
· Supports ICAP RO Clinical advisors and zonal mentors in conducting clinical mentorship and supportive supervision for service quality assurance as per the standard procedures
· Expected to participate two weeks per month in the clinical systems mentorship and supportive supervision program which sometimes could be extended beyond two weeks as deemed as necessary
· Review ICAP regional offices monthly PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics performance and provide feedback
· Harmonize annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly plan with other departments
· Support capacity building of ICAP regional and zonal staffs on PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics services to facilitate mentoring of site level health care workers
· Work closely with other advisors in central technical units
· Represent ICAP-Ethiopia in different forums when assigned by the supervisor
· Under the basis of need assessment conducted by ROs ,will be accountable to follow the timely technical evaluation ,purchasing process and distribution of furniture and supplies to ICAP supported Federal hospitals and emerging region facilities
· Provide technical assistance in renovation of ANC, L&D, PNC, FP, EPI and ART clinics
· Prepare the unit annual work plan with targeted benchmark indicators and evaluate them quarterly
· Present and participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual ICAP performance review meetings.
· Compiles monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Ensure that all PMTCT-MNCH & Pediatrics related targets are met; and
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
· Physician and specialist of pediatric and child health with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in child and maternal health, including care and treatment of HIV/AIDS clients.
· Experience in HIV program technical coordination
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
· Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV