Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF Holland is looking for:
Position: Deputy Head of Mission Assistant
Number of position: 1
· Place of work: Gambella
· Terms of employment: 6 months with a possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
- Starting gross salary: 22,607 ETB
- Medical Coverage 100%
· Date of application: November 14 – November 30
Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission/Deputy, for assigned region, in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and relevant actors, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up and providing advice and input in the day to day coordination in order to facilitate the implementation of the mission and the projects
· Provides support, guidance and advice in the day-to-day coordination of MSF-OCA programs in country, specifically in Gambela region, in accordance with MSF-OCA Country Policy and in line with MSF quality standards and in accordance to the country law and context.
· Assist and replaces during absence the Deputy Head of Mission Gambela Region.
· Personally manages day-to-day legal matters, administrative referral issues and representational concerns in support to the Deputy Head of Mission Gambela, the Project Coordinators and their teams.
Context overview and analysis
Procedural Tasks and reporting
External Relations and Meetings
· Contributes to the training of the MSF-OCA staff in advocacy principles
· Provides contextual overview report for monthly Sit-reps
· Focal person for all legal cases in Gambela region
· Represent MSF to all legal institute whenever necessary
· Provide information on enquiry about different types of laws/proclamation (labor, tax, contract etc)
· Follow up all the court cases on behalf of MSF Holland
· Provide weekly update report to functional managers on all legal cases
Exploratory missions, assessments, emergencies.
· Initiates exploratory missions in correspondence with the context analyses and in accordance with the MSF-OCA mandate as instructed by the Deputy HOM Gambela and/or PCs.
University Level Studies-Preference for Legal Studies/Law
· Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian aid, preferably MSF
· Essential, good understanding of the functioning of the different Government bodies
Mission language essential and local language desirable.
Essential Computer Literacy (word, excel, power point)
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
· Excellent negotiation skills and extensive negotiation experience
· High level of knowledge and sensitivity to culture and customs
· Capability to work independently
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV