VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No.032/2016
Ethiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE) is established through the Council of Ministers Regulation No. 331/2014. EACWSE is mandated to separately and independently handle warehousing services of agricultural commodities as an offspring of the current Ethiopia Commodity Exchange. EACWSE has the objective of providing innovative warehouse management service to customers and stakeholders through the application of best practices and available technologies.
Therefore, the Enterprise invites competent and qualified internal/External candidates for the following position(s).
Manage the HR Planning and Development Unit. Ensure that short and long term corporate learning and development strategy, policy; plans are developed, reviewed and implemented. Organize, execute and evaluate the learning and development activities of ECWSE. Develop systematic succession planning program for key positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Unit and Learning and Development initiatives;
· Develop a comprehensive HR Planning and Development Policy, manual, guidelines, standards, review it and ensure its proper implementation;
· Prepare annual HR Planning and development work plan and budget requirement;
· Cascade and develop work unit and individual annual work plan and facilitate its successful accomplishment as per the standards;
·Implement the annual plan of the Unit, including any special tasks or projects requested by management and approved by the chief HR and Logistics Officer.
· Develop and review short and long term corporate learning and development strategy and ensures its proper implementation;
· Lead and facilitate the development of learning and development modules, materials and evaluation tools in accordance with the WHE’s strategic plan;
· Identify and prioritize an ongoing organizational, group/team and individual learning and development needs;
· Organize, execute and evaluate the learning and development programs and activities of the Enterprise;
· Develop systematic succession planning program for key positions of the Enterprise.
· Establish strategic alliance with various relevant and competent local and international learning and development centers and higher education institutes;
· Ensure the database of training providers is maintained in each area;
· Ensure the delivery of high quality trainings and developments in accordance with WHE standards;
· Develop and initiate systematic succession planning program for key positions;
· Search for scholarships, fellowships and assistant-ship by approaching local and international organizations;
· Ensure adequate gender responsiveness during the development of new learning and development programs.
· Direct, lead, guide, support and control staff responsible to him/her to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all Division targets and that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards;
· Orient, mentor and assign responsibilities to staff under his/her supervision;
· Initiate and support implementing staff training in order to increase their efficiency and effectiveness;
· Manage evaluation performances of the Division’s staff based on HR policy of the Enterprise;
· Conduct regular meetings with Managers/Heads to discuss ways and means of improving work systems.
· Establish and maintain networks and good relationships with government institutions, business sectors and other stakeholders as necessary.
· Prepare periodic reports and budgets concerning the activities of his/her Division;
· Implement audit recommendations related to HR and property administration activities.
· MBA/BA in Business Management, Business Administration ,Human resource management or related fields and 6/8 years of experience Human resource planning, learning and development or any HR related activities.
· Excellent leadership, planning, time management & prioritizing, organization and decision making skills; Ability to motivate staff and build teams; Demonstrates excellent facilitation and coordination skill; Demonstrates excellent communication skill (both oral and writing in English and Amharic): interpersonal skills, active listening skill, ability to interact with diverse people, report writing as well as presentation skills; Demonstrates problem solving, analytical skill and ability to work in a team; Demonstrates strategic thinking and system thinking skills; Demonstrate ability to work independently, take initiative and is result oriented; Demonstrate ability to act in a professional and ethical manner; Demonstrates negotiation and persuasion skills; computer literate in Word and Excel.