EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
The Store Keeper is responsible for all warehouse operations including shipping and receiving, deliveries, coordinating, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing storage of surplus inventory and property at the Farm. The work requires knowledge of methods and procedures related to the receipt, storage, and requisitions of supplies and materials, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
* The employee plans and lays out his/her own work assignments and the work of other warehouse personnel, and reviews work performance and products to ensure compliance with established methods, practices, and procedures.
* Receives and verifies inspection from User Department all incoming stocks and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders;
* Documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
* Resolves discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders, and delivery reports by contacting vendors or requesters.
* Report canceled and damaged items to head of store keeper.
* Keep stocks according to a prescribed inventory system.
* Supervise counts, weighs, and measures goods received or issued.
* Reconcile and explain variances identified during counts against store records
* Keep record of expiry dates for premixes and review regularly to ensure they are used within their proper period
* Maintains the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner.
* Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, etc
* Controls the disbursement of supplies and material; and delivery of finished goods through directing the posting of inventory control cards or automated systems.
* Submit reports on movements of stocks to Head of store keeper with all the necessary supporting documents
* Directs the maintenance and operation of the stores
* Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
* Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
* Bachelor Degree in Supplies management or related fields
* Diploma in Supplies management or related fields
* One year and above for Degree
* Two years and above for Diploma
* Exposed to modern warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bill of ladings, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized warehouse record keeping systems.
* Ability to perform physical labor; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
* Reasonable knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service/supplier
* Ability to work independently and carry out assignments by ensuring completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
* Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs/22 Kgs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or work in a consistent basis.