EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.Job Summary: The Feed Mill Officer leads the production team to produce quality feeds as efficiently and as safely as possible while meeting all government guidelines, is responsible for the daily operation of the feed mill, ingredient receiving feed production and feed delivery
Principal Account abilities:
- Production Scheduling and Control: To schedule and control the production process following existing protocols, production records and controls. Conduct processes and lead people in order to meet hourly/daily goals and produce our products safely and as efficiently as possible while meeting all other Corporate and Business Unit guidelines. To develop and coach all employees. To consistently do precisely what we intended to do by conforming to requirements.
- Personnel Direct Supervision, Production work & Feed delivery coordination: Supervise and coach Feed Mill Techs. Coordinate all steps in the production process to maximize capacity. Monitor Feed Orders and assure proper execution in order to deliver feed on time.
- Supervise and train employees: leading by example, providing direction, and fostering communication while administering corrective and disciplinary actions on a consistent basis.
- Provide and enforce safety training.
- Schedule feed mill activities to include feed manufacturing and shipments.
- Schedule production to meet mill requirements, ensuring proper sequence, clean-out procedures, products ordered and current inventories.
- Oversee and manage inventories.
- Manage daily reporting (tank chart, production record, inventory, batching summaries, etc.).
- Review daily production reports.
- Perform regular housekeeping audits.
- Perform all activities required to complete daily feed mill checklist.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Degree in Animal Science or Food Science with (0-2) years of experience
- Factory experience has an asset