POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - EXTERNAL
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
21 November 2016
The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Accountant to provide efficient quality service in the field of finance and accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
General: ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia. The outcomes of these research partnerships help people in developing countries keep their farm animals alive and productive, increase and sustain their livestock and farm productivity, find profitable markets for their animal products, and reduce the risk of livestock-related diseases.
A member of the CGIAR Consortium working for a food-secure future, ILRI has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and offices in other countries in East, West and Southern Africa (Mali, Mozambique and Nigeria) and in South Asia (India and Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand and Vietnam) and East Asia (China). www.ilri.org.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
· Verify the payments requests received do have sufficient/appropriate supporting evidence are mathematically correct, authentic, comply with policy and procedures.
· Analyses and assigns appropriate and applicable account codes, cost center codes and project codes and preparing for data entry
· Inputs transactions into the computer system from the documents earlier prepared and generating transaction listings, which serve as payment vouchers for checking and approval.
· Process payments within 4 days after the receipt of the request.
· Record the completion of the request in outlook task.
Ø Travel and work advance processing and liquidation
· Verify the travel authorization submitted is correct, approved and comply with ILRI travel policy requirements.
· Prepare advance payments within 4 days after the receipt of the travel authorization.
· Analyze staff accounts for the units/hosted institutes allocated.
· Process advance liquidation or expense recording within 5 days after the receipt of the original invoices and relevant documents by verifying the supporting documents presented are appropriate, sufficient and in line with ILRI's travel policy.
Ø Support units and hosted institutes petty cash management
· Verify the summary and the supporting documents presented for petty cash replenishment are sufficient and appropriate.
· Replenish petty cash within 4 days after the receipt of the petty cash summary report and supporting documents.
· Conduct periodic petty cash verification through quarterly cash count and reconciliation.
Ø Process cost allocation and recharges
· Vouches the monthly internal billing documents for completeness and accuracy and resolves irregularities with concerned Service Units;
· Assigns appropriate codes and journalize the transactions;
· Follow-up the timely receipts of the accounting returns from the units to ensure that recharges are processed in their respective months.
Ø Management of credit suppliers (for transactions of support units and HI)
· Follow up the collection of invoices from credit suppliers within 5 days after the receipt of the goods or services.
· Perform matching of the invoice with the PO and GRN.
· Follow up processing of payments to suppliers within the credit period.
Ø Other duties
· Prepare monthly report and invoices before the 15th of the following month and ensure submission to the corresponding institute.
· Attends to queries of internal and external parties regarding the responsibility areas
· Advises the Support units and HI Finance Manager on any outstanding issues in the responsibility areas.
· Keeps files of all relevant documents.
· Acts as a dual custodian of the Institute’s unused cheque.
· Undertakes any other assignment that may be given by the supervisor.
· BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
· Any Accounting Qualifications such as ACCA, CPA is a plus.
· At least 5 years’ relevant work experience
· Work experience at least in part in an international NGO or an international organization
· Good computer skills.
Skills and Knowledge:
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job level: 2C.
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 16,619 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV