Amref Health Africa (formerly African Medical Research Foundation) is the premier African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa in the intervening years has broadened its mission to include training of some 500 thousand community health workers and managing the design and implementation of health development projects in more than 30 countries across Africa. With a focus on women and children, Amref Health Africa strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, clean water and sanitation and surgical and clinical outreach. Amref Health Africa has offices in Kenya, Ethiopia, South Africa, South Sudan, Senegal, Tanzania and Uganda as well as in Europe and North America. The organization employs over 1,000 people.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Manager for its Resilience Building for sustainable livelihoods and Transformation (RESULT) project.
The job holder will be based in South omo, Jinka town and reports to the Program Manager.
· ensure the project implementation quality and keep the project on track
· ensure optimum utilization of the project financial and human resource
· Support staff on the modality and implementation of the project activities.
· Organizing and compile planning and reports and submit these to the programme manager and M & E unit
· Supervise and coordinate all project staffs in implementation of activities, giving proper service to the community and perform best as they plan.
· Manage the human resources under his/her portfolio
· Preparing implementation work plan
· Collecting required information from the partners.
· Ensuring the availability of resources to timely implement the activities
· Set up budget accordingly the current prices
· Follow and supervise project staff
· Ensure track the project is being implemented as planned to achieve its objective
· Carry out necessary discussion to facilitate the implementation with stakeholders and partners.
· Conduct need assessment in implementation area and provide response based on the gap
· Identifying and selecting target beneficiaries in collaboration with partners
· Develop and adopt report format to collect relevant information at grass root level
· Collecting and compiling periodic reports
· Prepare best practice along with implementation of the project at community level.
· Facilitating trainings for the target group.
· Monitoring the work of partners based on MOU.
Terms of employment: one year with possible extension
Duty Station: South Omo
Required number: - 1
Interested applicants are invited to send their non–returnable application by quoting the position and reference number in the subject matter including updated CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work related referees, (including HR and Immediate supervisor) to Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa or you can submit your application through ETrecruitment@Amref.org .
The closing date for submitting applications is 2nd December 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV