Purpose of the position:
The Head of Education Technical Programme(TP ) will provide leadership and management to the TP portfolio for World Vision Ethiopia. He/she will lead and oversee the implementation of projects assigned to the TP, be responsible for the TP growth and represent WVE with donors, partners and the government for issues relating to the TP sectors.
· Assure that World Vision Ethiopia is an active participant at cluster/consortia meetings, donor discussions and with the government of Ethiopia relevant to sectors covered by the TP.
· Lead the development and growth of the TP portfolio in collaboration with the resource acquisition and PELS team.
· Oversee the development of implementation guides, tool development and documentation of best practices relevant to areas covered by the TP.
· Assure that projects under the TP are implemented according to donor standards, timelines and best practices.
· Assure that a robust monitoring and reporting system is effective, providing real time updated on the TP implementation to the SLT, Donors and the wider World Vision Partnership.
· Manage a team of technical specialists and project implementers, providing leadership and managerial guidance and oversee technical support to field based staff through a matrix management system.
· Represent the TP focus areas in Operations Leadership meeting, and with the SLT when required.