Purpose of the position:
The Head of Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) will provide leadership and management in early warning; streamlining of prevention, mitigation and preparedness to natural and man-made disasters in all WVE programing. He/she will lead and oversee integration of Disaster risk Reduction (DRR) and building resilience into the entire programs of WVE irrespective of funding sources; and He/she will monitor developments by networking with all concerned local, national and international partners, build internal staff capacity and prepare the office for timely, efficient and effective emergency response
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Ensure early warning systems are in place and functioning well to inform timely and appropriate decisions by ensuring active participation of World Vision Ethiopia in cluster/consortia meetings, liaising with concerned government offices and participating in regular multi-agency assessments;
· Lead in streamlining disaster prevention and mitigation measures and build community resilience in consultation with Integrated Programs Department into all World Vision Ethiopia’s technical programmes (grant and sponsorship funded projects) to build community capacity to withstand disaster shocks.
· Lead in integration of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) measures in all technical programmes by working closely with IPD and concerned communities and government authorities;
· Lead in building staff and institutional capacity on current humanitarian emergency response standards and practices to prepare World Vision Ethiopia make professionally sound emergency response when required
· Lead in networking with all concerned local, national and international partners early warning, disaster risk management, multi-stakeholder assessments for timely detection of dictator risks and preparation for timely response.
· Provide matrix based management for areas of technical support to the refugee programming on standards, strategy and programmes development.
· Manage a team of HEA specialists and provide leadership and guidance in streamlining HEA in WVE programing.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with 20% travel to the field
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV