Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is coordinating emergency response capacity building by closely working with Head of HEA and Integrated Programs including refugee programming and respective technical functions in the East Africa Regional Office.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Coordinate staff capacity building community needs assessment, vulnerability identification and recommendation of appropriate and timely response interventions;
· Coordinate staff capacity building on proposals and concept notes development, designing, implementation of emergency response and rehabilitation of programs;
· Facilitate staff capacity building on compilation of emergency response programs reports, documentation of best practices and sharing lessons learnt;
· Coordinate staff capacity building in collaboration with Protection and Equity as well as Faith & Development teams in mainstream cross-cutting issues (gender, child protection, faith and development, disability inclusion and DRR) into emergency and rehabilitation programs;
· Participate in the evaluation and impact assessment of emergency response and recovery projects and programs by preparing draft TOR and coordinating at the field level and review of the findings;
· Support HEA Head in developing and updating emergency response strategies, institutional arrangements for quick start of emergency response when required
· Qualification required: BA/BSc Degree in Agric. Econ. & Devel. Studies, Disaster management
· Experience: 3-5 yrs/2 yrs in Supervisory level
· Preferred: MA in Devel. Studies or Social S. Fields/MSc in Agric. Or Disaster Management and related field
· Technical Training qualifications required: relief and disaster management and development related, Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
· Other: Knowledge of local context.
· Good in time management
· Proposal writing skill
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
· Experience in coordination and facilitation of trainings
· Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
4. Additional Requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
5. Place of Work: Addis Ababa, National Office,
6. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale