Position: Specialist, IT Auditor
Required No.: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit Service
Vacancy Announcement No.: 081/2016
Responsible to oversee that standard assurance engagement of IT practices is followed to conduct audit reviews and report results. Produce timely and quality IT audit reports.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure that an Exchange’s IT practices comply with the requirement of company procedures and government regulation.
· Evaluate an Exchange’s computer network for possible mismanagement, fraud and inefficiency.
· Promotes efficient practices by recommending improvement in processing capability, user interface and security designs.
· Liaison to external auditors, facilitating significant reliance on IT audit work conducted internally
· Determine the audit procedures to be used including sampling methods and the use of information technology;
· Obtain, analyze, and appraise information as a bases for an informed, objective conclusion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed;
· Prepare and submit working papers for review to the manager properly documented and referenced with evidences which support audit findings and conclusions, prepare audit query, send to the auditee and check the response if it needs extra discussion or evidence collection;
· Identify inspection indicators during ongoing inspection duties and alerts team of any inspection issue and assessment of risk areas of individual assignments.
· Appraise the adequacy of corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions;
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· MSc/BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; IT Audit certification is advantageous and 2/4 years of work experience in relevant field respectively.