INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Date: November 26, 2016
Vacancy No: 134/16
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Do you want to be part of this team?
Would you like to be responsible for ensuring the staffs that are implementing this vision are qualified, motivated and committed to this vision? Please apply and join us!
Position: Food Assistance Information Reporting Officer
Salary: USD 625
Place of Work: East Hararghe and West Hararghe
Closing Date: 10 days from the announcement
Number of vacant posts: 2 (Two)
Term of employment: Regular
Duty starting date: Immediately
The position is responsible to monitor and review the overall Commodity movement of the Field Office using the tracking system. This includes the receipt of food at PDP, dispatch to FDPs, receipt at FDPs, transportation, losses and distribution in the Field Office (warehouses). Reconcile the monthly physical count with the book balance of each warehouse, maintain stock card and transaction files and supporting documents.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Review the overall the Field Office commodity movement including deliveries, transportation and distribution at all warehouses of the Field Office
· Verify the amount received, distributed and losses are properly recorded and provide the regular and periodic report to the PM
· Maintain food receipt records from Donors, Other organization and transferred commodities from warehouse to warehouse at Field Office level
· Provide the necessary backstop support to Store Keepers and Distributers to ensure that the Projects prepare detailed food distribution plans, periodical food accomplishment reports and timely submission;
· Provide ongoing feedback to PM, Commodity Officer and Supervisors on FDP documentation and preparation of CSR, RSR and LSR
· Assist the Storekeepers in preparation of Annual Commodity Movement Summary report; and monthly and quarterly report consolidation;
· Proactively support the project team and take part in addressing the sexual harassment policy and the gender and diversity policy.
· Develops and regularly updates commodity related information database that fits the information of donors, auditors and CARE.
· Maintains commodity files and ensures the integrity of commodity files in the field office.
· Follow up and timely collect source documents and prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly Commodity Status Reports, Recipient Status Reports and Loss Status Reports to be submitted to donors, and Head Quarter
· Establishing/strengthening commodity reporting systems in consultation with the Commodity Supervisor
· Ensuring the efficacy of the reporting system
· Ensuring the timely and quality submission of reports (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Commodity Status Reports) per donor and CARE format and regulation.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
· BA degree in Accounting, Supplies Management or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· 3 years of experience in commodity management, warehouse handling
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, building partnership, adaptability, collaboration, information monitoring, stress tolerance, planning and organizing, coaching and interpersonal skill.
How to ApplyIf you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment which contribute to your learning and development and if you are inspired by CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision and if you want to be a part of our work, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) to HR.ETHJobs@care.org, or send to CARE Ethiopia, P.O. Box 4710, Addis Ababa. You can also submit in person at the gate of the Head Office located at the back of Lex Plaza Building on the way from Zerihun Building to Signal (Adwa Bridge).
· When you apply, please clearly indicate the position and vacancy number on the subject line of your application. Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
· Only short listed candidates will be contacted for assessment. No Phone call please
Passionate and dedicated candidates who have the relevant experience are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV