1. Promote and defend HI mandate and strategy amongst stakeholders, partners and government of Ethiopia agencies
· Promote HI mandate and strategy among stakeholders, partners and government of Ethiopia agencies
· Take part in national and multi stakeholders coordination mechanisms for selected thematic areas so as to report/inform on HI activities and raise the profile of the organization
· Analyze the geopolitical context in order to adopt intervention methods and respond to opportunities that meet the needs of the beneficiaries
· Contribute in gathering stories, photographs and information from the field and assist in developing internal and external communication materials (leaflets, brochures, newsletters, films, success stories, etc.) to be used to advocate for HI mandate.
2. Contribute to the HI program portfolio development
· Participate in meetings/technical working groups/clusters/etc. of international development actors and identify potential partnerships
· Propose innovative ideas/projects, in line with the mandate and strategy of HI in Ethiopia
· Participate in the identification of funding opportunities and areas for growth and development
· Participate in the development of project proposals
· Participate in exploration/baseline/evaluation missions and other field missions/surveys as required throughout the country
· Develop an increased knowledge of potential partners, stakeholders, DPOs (who does what and where)
· Produce annual action plans with measurable objectives on the above mentioned responsibilities
· Any Other tasks delegated by the CR.
3. Facilitate dialogue and exchanges with local authorities and line ministries
· Liaise with the ChSA as assigned by the Country Representative
· Meet with umbrella Ministries (at Federal level) regularly and update the focal persons on project implementation
· Participate in Federal, Regional or Zonal meeting with local authorities as required.
· Compile annual project/program reports to Government Stakeholders
Education: MSC/MBA Degree in social sciences and/or Degree in International Development
· Proficient in developing project proposals for humanitarian and development interventions;
· A minimum of 7 years of experience in managing and/or coordinating projects in the humanitarian field
· Good knowledge of at least 3 of the following field of intervention: Education, DRR/Climate Change adaptation, Child protection, Nutrition, Health, WASH, Assistance/protection of Refugees
· Participation in the reflection programs development
· Participation in developing/conducting baseline and end line surveys
· Interacting with INGO and LNGOs at medium/high level
· Experience in liaising with CSA
· Working experience in Ethiopia
· Experience in the field of disability inclusion
Competencies/Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
· Excellent English writing skills
· Knowledge of major donor funding requirements (USAID, EC, BPRM, ECHO, DFID, etc.)
· Good knowledge of the Ethiopian humanitarian context and actors
· Good knowledge of Logical Framework, Result- based and Theory of Change approaches
· Ability to travel within Ethiopia on short notice
· Good negotiation skills
· Tasks and result oriented
· Open minded
· Field work oriented, flexible, diplomatic.
· Well organised
· Good sense of humour
The candidate MUST have the right to work in Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send/submit their non returnable application with a motivation letter and a CV (of not more than 4 pages) to Handicap International through www.ethiojobs.net or email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 18 December 2016 (midnight, Ethiopian time).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV