CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project officers for its AGO project.
The job holder will be based in Afar and reports to the Project Manager.
· Facilitates and ensure that the plan at woreda level is prepared with full participation of the community and partners
· Ensure that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization
· Ensures targeting for AGO project beneficiaries are made in participatory manner
· Works closely with woreda partners in planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities;
· Supports and facilitates the woreda plan to include AGO projects plan and thoroughly understood and be accountable for the overall implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the projects;
· Ensures that the project activities are implemented according to the technical specification set together with partners and time schedule and also within the limit of the planned budget;
· Ensures that the project’s capacity building activities are implemented in line with the felt need and demand of the users and address the set objectives;
· Ensures that gender issues are properly addressed during the process of the project planning and implementation;
· Supports and coordinates needs assessment and capacity building in areas of AGO project implementation strategies, methodologies, and activities to woreda partners and village level community institutions,
· In collaboration with the partners, develop a capacity building plan and facilitate training courses, exchange visits and apprenticeships. Contributes to the adaptation of training materials and experiences for application in diverse cultural and social contexts;
· Organizes and facilitates joint participatory monitoring programs with the woreda partners and community groups, both technical and management bodies, document lessons and provide feedback to the project office;
· Facilitates organization and strengthening woreda level project steering committee and/or task force and assist in the development of participatory monitoring and evaluation skills/knowledge;
· Facilitates and encourages regular review meeting and project review schedules at woreda level and help the different institutions have it institutionalized commitment;
· Supports and builds the capacity of the government staffs, including HEWS have deeper understanding of the different technical areas of the projects, participatory monitoring and evaluation, and including community empowerment and right based approach;
· Builds the technical and managerial capacity of community in planning and implementing projects effectively and efficiently
· Conducts regular review meetings with the front line staffs and development agents and record lessons and provide feedback to the participants and to the project;
· Together with the partners sets project quality standards and action steps and monitor the performance accordingly;
· Keeps up to date the new development in the sectors, including best practices and ensures ongoing personal development and learning;
· Prepares regular and up to date project progress reports at woreda level and discuss with representatives of the woreda;
· Represents Amref health Africa at Woreda level being member of the different task force and others as required;
· Ensures that organizational core values, policies, procedures and program approaches are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning of the Woreda office and that information to monitor project progress and organizational performance, including M & E data are collected and used for organizational learning, decision making, reporting, and for promoting innovations;
· Coordinates the preparation of Woreda training curricula, organizing training, preparing audio visual training/learning materials in the Woreda in close collaboration with other partners.
· Responsible to ensure that the project is implemented integrated within Amref projects implemented in the areas and government plans.
· Reviews and summarizes the monthly and quarterly report for the woreda and submit to the program manager and the woreda.
Terms of employment: one year with possible extension
Duty Station: Afar, Zone 3
Required number: - 2
Interested applicants are invited to send their non–returnable application by quoting the position and reference number in the subject matter including updated CV and application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact details of three work related referees, (including HR and Immediate supervisor) to Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa or you can submit your application through ETrecruitment@Amref.org or wolaita satellite office on hand.
The closing date for submitting applications is 7th December 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
How to Apply
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV