Internal / External Vacancy
World Learning is 82-year-old global non-profit organization with operation in 77 countries. World Learning Inc. is an international non-Government Organization conducting educational, Health and development projects in the above mentioned number of countries.
World Learning Ethiopia (WLE) was established in 1996 basing its Country Office at Addis Ababa and currently implementing HIV combination prevention interventions targeting workforces serving in development sites and corridors of the country. World Learning Ethiopia (WLE) has an immediate opening for MULU Worksite Project.
MULU Worksite: This project will support policies and programming to strengthen the HIV/AIDS response in at least one hundred workplaces within various sectors of Ethiopia’s economy including construction, mining, agriculture and manufacturing among others. Within and around workplaces, the project will aim to improve health -seeking behaviors, increase access to quality reproductive health and HIV prevention services, and strengthen the capacity of public and private organizations to develop policies and mainstream HIV prevention into the core business of their institutions.
Position Title : MULU/Worksite Clinical Network Service Coordinator
Duty Station : Metema, Humera, Jimma and Addis Ababa
Number Required : 4 (Four)
JOB PURPOSE: Under the supervision of MULU Worksite Area Coordinator, the Clinical Network Service Coordinator implements standard operating procedures and quality assurance standards at a network of private, NGO, public, and Worksite clinics delivering integrated HCT, STI, reproductive health (RH) services and condom programming. S/he should also be willing to engage in up to 50% travel to/from the respective duty station. The Clinical Network Service Coordinator will represent MULU Worksite in any subject related to its biomedical intervention.
· Work closely with area coordination team in ensuring a targeted HIV testing and optimal service linkage
· Identify, train and supervise private, NGO, public and worksite clinic providers to implement standard operating procedures for integrated HCT, STI, RH services and condom promotion and distribution.
· Lead the strengthening of HIV/AIDS referral system at worksite network service delivery points
· Contribute to worksite combination prevention work plans and deliver performance indicators across the assigned area as per the program work plan
· Coordinate regular clinical technical review and experience sharing meetings with worksite provider, project partners and public facilities
· Participate in worksite bio-medical service assessment
· Work closely with respective regional laboratories in carrying out proficiency testing
· Provides technical assistance to work site and nearby health facilities and thereby contribute to the implementation of triple 90’s
· Develop and implement cost effective training, field travel and supportive supervision activity budgets
· Coordinate the quantification and distribution of health commodity supplies
· Coordinate routine supportive supervision according to QA standards and communicate findings to MULU/Worksite area coordinator
· Compile, verify and submit worksite network service delivery reports
· Participate in data quality assessments and audits
· Work closely with the respective MULU Worksite area coordination team
· Represent MULU Worksite with all partners, including regional government structures, NGOs and private sector partners in respective assign Provide Coaching & Mentoring for health care providers whose practices believed to affect the quality of biomedical interventions.
· Assist partners (LIPs, Clinics, worksite coordinators, etc.) on proper Supply Chain Management System as per PSI Regulation and National standard in regard to expiry date, batch testing, etc...
· Strengthen the Referral and Linkage System for tested positive clients through collaborative work with the public/private health facilities those are expected to receive the clients
· Perform other related tasks assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor Degree in Clinical Nursing or Public Health from recognized university.
· 4 years of experience in HIV/RH clinical service delivery in some or all of the following clinical areas: HTC, STI, FP, ANC, RH, ART.
· Knowledge of HIV combination prevention models is a plus.
· Familiarity with condom programming approach is additional advantages.
· Familiarity with MULU HIV prevention interventions is essential
· 50% Travel required to-from Addis Ababa and along the assignment area.
· Fluency in English, Amharic and knowledge of regional language is appropriate.
· Experience in HIV combination Prevention in a workplace setting.