Norwegian Refugee council (NRC) Ethiopia Programme is inviting applications from interested and qualified Ethiopian National to fill the following vacancy that exist at the NRC Ethiopia Country office.
Job Title: Urban Project Manager (1 Position)
Duty Location: Addis Ababa
Reporting To: Head of Programmes
Commencement: As soon as possible
The purpose of the Urban Project Manager position is to implement delegated urban project portfolio.
· Line management for project staff
· Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
· Contribute to the development of Country, Area and CC strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects
· Coordinate and manage urban project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
· Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
· Provide regular progress reports to the Head of Programme
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
· Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with CCs) and coordinate across CCs
· Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
· Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
· Coordinate and manage the planning and project implementation, database management and reporting;
· Ensure that out of Camp (OCP) Eritrean refugees and Host Community Members are identified, targeted and verified for protection and livelihood projects;
· Ensure targeted OCPs and Host Community Members are given the required support through a case management approach;
· Assist the project implementation towards achieving harmony and peaceful coexistence of the host and refugee communities;
· Engage in activities aimed at reviewing current project implementation and getting inputs for improving the implementation strategy of the urban refugee project such as conducting fact finding missions, assessments, cased studies, pictorial documentation etc.;
· Assist the program in setting up a referral system for critical referral cases to UNHCR;
· Support line manager during advocacy with ARRA, UNHCR and other partners;
· Ensure that procurement procedures are adequately met, procurement plans are submitted and requests followed upon;
· Support the preparation of required budget revision, and identification of unutilized funds
· Draft project periodic report and internal and external meeting minutes;
· Organize workshops, community consultation and partners/stake holders meetings and training;
· Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan of the specific responsibility given and share with line manager.
· Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in international relations and/or development, social sciences or law.
· Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Technical expertise and experience on working on Urban refugee projects
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Knowledge of the context in Ethiopia
· Knowledge of the local language Amharic and Tigrigna would be an asset
· Experience with start-up, exit or similar
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested internal candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with photocopies of the most relevant certificates/testimonials, day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through www.ethiojobs.net and Webcruiter.
Please indicate in your application letter the position you are applying for. Applications should reach NRC latest by 12th December 2016. NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
‘Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply’
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV