GIZ- External Vacancy Announcement #102/2016
GIZ- STEP Program
Job Title: Female Trainee (Intern)
Place of Work: GIZ-STEP Program
Required Candidate: One
Application deadline: December 10, 2016
1. Background of the Programme
The BMZ/ Germany funded and GIZ/ German Cooperation implemented “Sustainable Training and Education Programme” (STEP) is supporting the Ethiopian Government with its reforms in Higher Education and Technical Vocational Education and Training/ TVET.
The time frame of the current phase is 2015-2017.
Reform of post-secondary education, particularly in the technical sector, is a critical aspect for moving Ethiopia towards its development goals. STEP supports its partners in the Ethiopian government to reform the higher educational and TVET sectors targeting the improvement of graduates with regard to their competences needed in the labour market. The Ethiopian partners are government offices on federal and regional levels as well as educational institutions themselves.
STEP helps Ethiopia improve the quality of education in vocational training colleges and universities. We work together to better quality of teaching, establish effective systems in educational institutions and develop the skills of managers who will lead in the education sector. We help to establish a sustainable quality of education that prepares people for the jobs that will contribute to growth in Ethiopia’s economy.
In this context ‘Gender’ is a focus STEP is addressing. One gender development advisor is placed in the Addis Ababa TVET Agency with the responsibility of supporting the agency in their gender efforts, which is mainly focusing on trainings for different female target groups.
2. Context of the assignment
STEP is cooperating with the Addis Ababa City Government TVET Agency in the field of Gender. In this context STEP has assigned a Development Advisor (DA - international long term expert) to the Addis Ababa City Government TVET Agency in order to strengthen its gender focal point and its impact within the TVET sector in Addis Ababa. The DA’s main focus currently is supporting females in their profession and education in order to promote gender equality in TVET.
The intern is supervised by the DA and directly working with the DA.
Tasks to be performed by the internee
The main tasks of the internee are:
Assisting the DA and its counterpart in designing, conducting, documenting different tailor made trainings for
· Gender focal persons of Addis Ababa’s TVET Colleges
· Female trainers
· Female leaders of TVET colleges
· Psycho – social counsellors in cooperation and under the supervision of the DA.
Assisting in consultation and cooperation with selected TVET colleges in order to implement and document gender friendly projects for students and staff, e.g.
· Day care center for children in the age of 3 months to 3 years in 3 colleges
· Gender clubs or Information and Communication Technology/ ICT clubs for girls
· International celebration events (e.g. non-violence day, women’s day)
· Any other task developing out of the described ones
· (recent graduate BA or MA) in social sciences with confirmed thematic gender knowledge, initial research or work experience, preferably gender studies
· Good skill in reading, writing and speaking English and Amharic
· Profound gender knowledge and interest
· Ability to approach and build confidence with colleagues of TVET
· High motivation to engage pro – actively in described tasks
· Talent to organize different tasks simultaneously
· High proficiency
· Team spiritBasic computer knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via ethiojobs or the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764Note: - The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV