JOB TITLE: Youth & Livelihood Advisor
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
LOCATIONS: Addis Ababa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position of Youth & Livelihood Advisor based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
FHI 360 is currently seeking a Youth & Livelihood Advisor for an anticipated USAID project focusing on highly vulnerable children in Ethiopia. The incumbent leads efforts towards youth inclusiveness in livelihood interventions as well as participation in micro-enterprise, skills development, internships, apprenticeship and job placement. The Advisor must integrate strategies to reach the youth population within OVC households with key services – HIV, health, nutrition, education, protection and livelihood. Capacity building and technical assistance to government, civil society and community stakeholders is key under this project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical leadership to the anticipated project to ensure youth-focused interventions are well designed – work plans, budgets, strategic documents, etc.
· Provide support to field teams and consortium partners to roll out youth focused strategies.
· Establish MoU with various stakeholders that have potential to contribute to youth job placement, skills development and apprenticeship program.
· Establish partnerships with technical and vocational schools and the private sector to strengthen referral linkages towards advancing opportunities for the youth.
· Assess existing private sector initiatives and link efforts with project interventions.
· Map and link with youth networks and ensure their engagement through active coordination and communication through a platform.
· Coordinate with project teams to put in place tools and manual to establish and facilitate youth-focused financial education, entrepreneurship training, saving programs, micro-enterprise and related interventions.
· Coordinate with project teams to undertake supportive supervisions, annual planning, assessments and M&E activities.
· Guide the development and delivery of life skills to the youth, in an integrated manner.
· Track and report youth interventions against gender indicators and disaggregate data by gender to analyze results within each domain.
· Develop tools, frameworks and resources to enable better integration of youth in the project.
· Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conferences while documenting best practices from other projects as a means of experience sharing and lessons learned.
· Prepare communications materials that highlight gender equality programming, successes and lessons learnt.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their application & update CV through HREthiopia@fhi360.org before/on December 10, 2016.
Please also note that the position title should be written on the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV