JOB TITLE: Contracts and Grants Manager
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Operations
LOCATIONS: Addis Ababa
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. For the anticipated USAID project focusing on highly vulnerable children in Ethiopia, FHI 360 seeks to recruit a Contracts and Grants (C&G) Manager to be based in Addis Ababa.
The C&G Manager will be responsible for overseeing the grants and contract management under the anticipated USAID project focusing on highly vulnerable children in Ethiopia. The Manager will provide lead administration leadership for the management of awards and sub-awards. S/he will develop and implement sub-award management systems and monitor FHI’s compliance with award terms and conditions and FHI policy.
· Manage all sub-award work processes, including review and some negotiation of proposed instruments, developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with award terms and FHI 360’s policy.
· Supervise a team of C&G Officers based at regional offices and the country office.
· Identify training needs and provide support to FHI 360 staff to ensure that C&G tools align with program needs and to ensure processes are consistent and compliant across the global organization.
· Maintain a good working relationship with Contract/Technical personnel from USAID, other donors, and implementing agencies.
· Provide input for policy and procedure revisions.
· Collaborate with finance and administration unit and technical teams to draft C&G documents, and provide general communications to the field on such matters.
· Interpret and apply funding regulations to ensure that all FHI 360’s policies and procedures on procurement and contracting requirements are met for sub-agreement and subcontracting activities.
· Ensure adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
· Develop and implements procedures to ensure that C&G processes and related projects are efficient, monitored appropriately and executed in a timely manner.
· Respond to general enquiries from implementing partners.
· Lead an internal audit of sub-grantees together with finance and technical teams.
· BA in in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
· Minimum of 5-7 of experience in contracts and grants administration.
· Experience in coordinating issuing of sub-awards, consultancies, and other contractual arrangements.
· Working knowledge of award management and sub-award requirements of USAID and other donors, including OMB circulars, and 22 CFR 226.
· Ability to work well with others to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants, recipients of assistance and local NGO and CBO partners.
· Excellent communication skills in Amharic and English; and additional regional language is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written comprehension skills
· Good computer and typing skills, ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook.