Position: Area Legal Coordinator
Opening Date: December 01, 2016
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for Area Legal Coordinator role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Responsibilities
Planning and leadership
· Assists the legal and contract administrator in preparing annual Operating Plan and report against the same on a monthly basis
Ensure proper management of foreclosure and debt recovery
· Based on the loan document of debtors which are forwarded to the area legal team, give 30days final written notice to the debtor and transmit the case to the foreclosure coordination committee to get decision to sell the collateral/s of the debtor.
· Coordinates with area attorneys on proper handling of the case;
· Submit appeals on the cases which need so, follow up on them until they get verdict of appropriate courts.
· Ensures the safe custody of all legal documents on collaterals;
· Ensures that all legal cases involving the institution’s clients are handled appropriately;
· Compile and consolidate written-of date in assist to ensue taking to court action and recovery at area level.
Legal activities and support
· Assists the area operations staff in handling all issues related to collateral;
· Assists in registering and discharging mortgaged items;
· Provides support to the institution’s lawyers in pursuing court cases against defaulters;
· Reviews all legal documents, i.e. contracts, agreements, and the like, for all departments and branches and ensures compliance to all existing regulations;
· Assists area attorneys on gathering facts and establishing evidence, conducting investigations, examination analyses of cases and preparation of contracts and claims.
· Prepares affidavits of documents and maintain documents file.
Supervision of counsels and lawyers
· Provides support to the area attorneys in pursuing court cases against defaulters;
· Assists the administrator in ensuring that the institution’s lawyer issues the necessary notice to delinquent clients, and coordinates with branch staff on the proper and timely delivery of these notices;
· Follow up on the performance of lawyers and counsels of the area
· University degree/diploma in law
· 3 years’ experience for degree and 6 years for diploma in related positions
· Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
· Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity
· Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
· Computer literacy is desirable
Terms of Employment: Permanent
No of posts: 3Closing Date: December 5,2016