VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No.033/2016
Ethiopian Agricultural Commodities Warehousing Services Enterprise (EACWSE) is established through the Council of Ministers Regulation No. 331/2014. EACWSE is mandated to separately and independently handle warehousing services of agricultural commodities as an offspring of the current Ethiopia Commodity Exchange. EACWSE has the objective of providing innovative warehouse management service to customers and stakeholders through the application of best practices and available technologies.
Therefore, the Enterprise invites competent and qualified internal/external candidates for the following position(s).
Responsible for the overall management of quality assessment and grading at the laboratory and ensure the implementation of EACWSE standards and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensures the implementation of EACWSE coffee, grain, pulse and oil seeds standards and procedures;
· Coordinates and participates in quality assessment and certification;
· Inspects and make recommendations for any quality deterioration on commodities;
· Creates a positive working environment that engenders a strong team spirit;
· Participates in grading as well as panel discussions and reconciles any differences between quality assessment using established parameters;
· Using established parameters prepares and submits daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
· Cross checks on any suspicious samples and orders re-sampling as per established procedure
· Reviews and approves issued grade certificates and submits the result;
· Ensures the periodic calibration, proper handling and maintenance of lab material and equipment;
· Ensures the proper handling of reference sample and keeping the samples for 20 working days;
· Ensures the proper bulking and handling of left over samples in accordance with the standard set for bulking and documentation, and transfers to the WH as per the commodity delivery form;
· Responsible and accountable for all grades that come out of his/her laboratory;
· Ensures the periodic inspection of commodities stored in the WH to give advice or recommendation in order to ensure the quality of stored commodities in case of grains and oil seeds;
· Ensures the cleanliness, organization and maintenance of labs;
· Performs preventive service maintenance;
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· BSc/MSc Degree in Plant science/Crop science/Food science or related fields.B.Sc. &5 years of experience or M.Sc. & 3 years of experience in related field.
· Experience in inspection/quality control on coffee for coffee supervisor and agricultural commodities for grain and oil seeds.
·Completed special training and knowledge on coffee cupping, quality control/inspection if for coffee;
· Knowledge on grain and oil seed & pulse inspection/quality control for non-coffee agricultural commodities;
. Knowledge on agricultural commodity quality management, standards and specification;
· Proven sensorial ability, if for coffee;
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV