Job Title: Associate Director of Monitoring and EvaluationDuty Station: Addis Ababa
Line Manager Director MED
Direct Reports M&E advisors and Database Managers
Overall coordination of routine M&E activities for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment in adults and children, including programs providing HIV counseling and testing, TB/HIV services, PMTCT interventions, preventive and palliative care and antiretroviral treatment including strengthening and supporting the implementation of site level paper and electronic data collection tools, overseeing the development and implementation of good data management and quality assurance procedures at site level, ensuring smooth flow of data from site to regional office to central office and to the ICAP/CU New York MER Unit and managing the process of data analysis and dissemination
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the M & E director the incumbent will:
· Support M&E capacity building at the 7 Regional Health Bureaus in line with the Transition TA plan
• Lead Provide technical direction and supervise M&E officers and data managers in the implementation CU-ICAP above-site level and site-level M&E activities.
• Provide technical direction and supervise M&E officers and data managers in the implementation in emerging regions and health facilities M&E activities in these regions.
• Collaborate in knowledge management activities in ICAP/CU Ethiopia to document, share and archive data to build institutional memory as well as to inform programmatic direction.
• Provide technical direction and supervise M&E officers and data managers in the implementation in emerging regions and health facilities M&E activities in these regions
• Collaborate in knowledge management activities in ICAP/CU Ethiopia to document, share and archive data to build institutional memory as well as to inform programmatic direction
• As Associate Director of Monitoring and Evaluation in CU-ICAP Ethiopia assist and actively participates in the designing of indicators, develop forms and electronic based systems in collaboration and cooperation with partners like CDC, FMoH and Regional Health Bureaus
• Take the lead in making sure this indicators are incorporated in the health institutions data capturing system;
• Train CU-ICAP- Ethiopia staff on the indicators, data collection system, analysis and changing to a management function;
• Train RHB health personnel and data clerks in the indicators, data collection, electronic system, analysis and changing to management function;
• lead the CU-ICAP- Ethiopia regional staff and health facilities in quality data collection;
• Make sure health institutions report received as per the scheduled reporting period from the regional offices;
• Together with the M and E officers check the quality of data, analyze the data and prepare reports for the donor and internal use;
• Ensure feed backs developed by the M and E officers to the regional offices, technical advisors and all CU-ICAP staff on the strong sides, weak points and areas needs improvement or follow up.
• Follow the implementation of the previous quarter comments;
• Follow and give support for the timely implementation of the planning activities;
• Take part in of targeted evaluations, publication of interest areas and dissemination of the information in consultation with the supervisor, and in cooperation with the concerned person or unit in CU-ICAP- Ethiopia
• Communicate with key partners, such as ministry of Health, CDC and others on M& E related issues as per the organizations communication policy.
• Represent ICAP/CU-Ethiopia in regional forums related to monitoring and evaluation in consultation with the supervisor
• Prepare the unit annual plan and budget as well as quarterly plans
• Perform other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the Director of MED
- MD , MPH or MSc in M&E from recognized college/university
- At least five years of proven experience in HIV/AIDS interventions or public health programs
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent work relationship
- Technical expertise in public health and epidemiology, planning, management and coordinating of health programs esp. HIV/AIDS
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Computer skills - Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data analysis, browsing and information searching on the internet
How to ApplyInterested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with CV online at www. ethiojobs.net
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV