EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a
rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them
opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
The Production manager is responsible to ensure efficiency of feed mill, enforce quality control and adherence to formula, ensure mill breakdowns are quickly repaired, implement continuous quality monitoring system, maintain of minimum inventory for finished feed, daily reporting and analysis ,provide necessary on jog training . The work requires knowledge of methods and procedures related to the production, storage, and requisitions of supplies and materials, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure efficiency of feed mill to minimize waste and maximize profitability and labor utilization
· Enforce quality controls and adherence to formula, texture, and packaging specifications
· Ensure mill breakdowns are quickly repaired, and regularly planned and maintenance is conducted
· Implement continuous quality monitoring and improvement systems
· Receiving and inspection of feed raw material quality and quantities
· Storage and handling of raw materials and finished goods
· Maintenance of minimum finished goods inventory levels
Coordination and Control
· Daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of raw material and inventory at the warehouse
· Daily coordination with sales personnel and finance to maximize customer service
· Dispatch and shipment of finished feed products to the specified delivery point
Provide all necessary on the job training to staff to ensure a safe workplace.
· BA Degree or Masters in food production, Animal science or related fields of study.
· BA Degree with 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing industry as production or plant manager.
· For Masters 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing industry as production or plant manager.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV