SADURA is a new food and beverage processing plant established to manufacture consistently superior products with the highest quality and healthiest selection using a sustainable process at the most affordable price. Sadura is a partnership between Ethiopian and American investors which aspires to maximize shareholder returns and operate to the highest ethical and governance standards. Sadura’s mission is to become the largest and most diverse food and beverage producing consortium in Ethiopia by 2027.
SADURA invites a driven and like-minded professional to apply and join us in pursuing this ambitious mission and vision. We look forward to candidates with a long-term vision of growing with a new company in a new frontier in East Africa.
Accountable to the General Manager of the company, the Production Manager’s responsibilities are:
• Manage the production of juice lines and achieving the production targets
• Co-erection and commissioning of fruit juices processing & bottling line with the team from vendor/supplier.
• Quality assurance /food safety management of products and processes in compliance with CAP, HACCP/GMP/LGP certifications and best practices
• Man Power Planning of the Plant - training of skilled and unskilled employees for all functions of the Company’s manufacturing facility
• Achieve market requirements, such as efficient distribution through consistent production and product quality
• Implement systems and procedures to ensure above mentioned manufacturing operations of the factory
• Maximize shareholder return through cost optimization.
• R&D/new product development and continuous improvement of efficiency and profitability of production through various systems (Six Sigma, Kiazen, Lean…etc)
• Analysis of line performance/efficacy/labor performance and down time analysis-corrective action plans
• Ensure compliance with Ethiopian FMHACA rules and regulations and CES standard requirements and implement/maintain certification from CES for continuous operations of plant
• Recipe development with the lab team
• Maintain all necessary records to ensure effective monitoring of the manufacturing process in the factory
• Prepare daily production reports and monthly reports and sending them to HO
• Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation
• Coordinate with all the supporting departments in achieving target efficiency and reducing cost of operations
• Provide direction, development and leadership to top management and assist with problem resolution when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent manufacturing managerial experience
• 10+ years of increasing management responsibilities as a production or plant manager within a fruit juice manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and certification of food safety procedures and standards such as HACCP, GMP and/or others
• Experience working in Africa would be favored
• Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, and internet communication
• Experience with ERP/ MRP programs and systems
• Team concept management style (employee empowerment and engagement)
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi task in a fast paced and opportunistic environment
• Ability to measure and monitor production processes to create efficiency- reduce cost, waste, and downtime; eliminate material consumption variances
• Develop, coach, train, and mentor personnel across all levels
• Prepare and analyze budgets; complete financial understanding; strong mathematical a nd analytical skills
• Ability to create and participate in future vision and implement strategies towards accomplishing that vision - continuous improvements
• Ability to analyze and formulate process flows, identify root cause process breakdowns, and implement process changes, improvements, and corrective actions
• Develop goals and objectives; monitor and measure with key performance indicators
• Strong leadership skills- providing clear expectations and responsibilities