The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day general management and administration of the organization’s Finance, Accounts and Store functions. The post holder works within the framework of International and Local Financial Policies, procedures and manuals set by ActionAid International and the Country Program and ensuring all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times
· Ensures all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times,
· Supports the head of finance, in seeing that all program activities have access to all resources they may need for efficient and smooth program and delivery operations.
· Under the supervision of the head of finance, develop, implement and evaluate financial management systems to maintain the financial integrity of ActionAid International.
· Understand, be familiar with and apply system security and safety procedures and requirements to protect the completeness, accuracy and integrity of accounting data and information.
· Prepare and process necessary budget information & data for all DAs, Regional Offices, Projects, teams and functions at the Head Office.
· Ensure that Partners quarterly work plans are reviewed for compliance, adequacy & completeness for discussion and approval.
· Make visits to field offices to ensure that all procedures being carried out are in accordance with the Financial Policies and Procedures manual.Leads and manage staff under his supervision
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Financial Management with accounting option from a recognized Institution
· Professional qualification / Membership of a reputable Professional Accountancy body such as Local Accountancy body, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
· A minimum of 8 years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy and reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector of which 3 years should be in similar positions.
· Knowledge, practical application and implications of the GAAP
· Strong financial expertise and familiarity with management and accounting practices
· Be conversant with SUN, Vision and TM1 features and processing requirements and other Microsoft operating systems, Excel, Power point and Word, e-mail and Internet are necessity
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV