Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Consortium M&E Coordinator is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Dollo Ado Integrated Social Cohesion Initiative (DISCO) is a 3 years programme funded by and the European Union under the Regional Development and Protection programme, and implemented in Dollo Ado, Ethiopia by a consortium led by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), with Save the Children, Danish Refugee Council (DRC), ZOA, and Organization for Welfare and Development Association (OWDA) in membership. The objective of the consortium is to improve social cohesion between refugees and host communities in Dollo Ado area. The consortium members have long standing field presence and operational experience in Dollo Ado refugee camps and surrounding areas, directly implementing large multi-sectorial programmes (e.g. Livelihood, WASH, education, energy, protection, etc.). NRC is looking for an experienced M&E Coordinator to lead the development of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework for the DISCO consortium.
Reporting to the Consortium Manager, the Consortium M&E Coordinator will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of M&E systems for NRC-led consortium projects, ensuring the consistent use of M&E approaches and tools used by consortium members. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring overall coherence of monitoring and reporting tools; and coordination and compilation of data collected by the different consortium members. S/he will further be responsible for documenting program results and preparing donor reports.
· Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools;
· Participate in programme design and proposal development, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E;
· Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use;
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Programme development: Consortium Manager, Head of Programmes, Core Competency Specialists
· Quality control/ support: M&E focal persons for NRC and partner agencies
· Capacity development: M&E and Programme Staff of NRC and partner agencies
· MA in Statistics, Economics or other Social Sciences studies
· At least 5 years’ experience developing M&E capacity and systems in an international NGO;
· Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in humanitarian and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
· Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making;
· Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of consortium members, including local partner agencies;
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods;
· Knowledge of rules and regulations for key donors including EU, DFID, the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
· High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing);
· Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access);
· Experience using SPSS, STATA and similar data analysis and management software.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
· Knowledge of Somali language is an advantage;
· Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector in Ethiopia.
2. Behavioral competencies
· Strategic thinking
· Planning and delivering results
· Working with people
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Handling insecure environments
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV