This position is responsible for the co-ordination and management of all purchasing of feed raw materials and logistics activities across the company. The main objective of the position is to ensure effective and efficient purchases and delivery of goods and services. This will be done through the establishment and rationalization of key supplier selection, agreements, identification of new opportunities and applying ways to improve efficiency by ensuring legislative compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor and control quality and specifications of raw material
· Daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of raw material stocks at our regional warehouses
· Daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of raw material market conditions and prices
· Weekly monitoring and reporting of competitor pricing, threats, and opportunities
· Develop and maintain re-order levels and minimum stock levels of key raw materials
· Manage the procurement process from requisition to order, through to delivery and payment
· Ensure no plants face shortage of raw materials, packaging, or other required items
· Verify vendors and negotiate pricing and key contract terms with suppliers and transporters
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
. Degree/Diploma in: Procurement and supply, Management, and Business Management related field of study.
3- years of experience for degree
5-years of experience for diploma
· Excellent experience in supply chain management and grain procurement
· Sound knowledge of grain procurement best practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent in planning and time management skills
· Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers
· Excellent analytical abilities