Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
Employment Type 7 Month Contract
ECDD-PRIME Local Disability Advisor (LDA)
“Pastoralist Areas Resilience Improvement through Market Expansion (PRIME)”
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) Association was established and registered with the Ministry of Justice in December 2005. Following the Charities and Societies Proclamation of 2009, ECDD was registered by the Charities and Societies Agency on 3 November 2009 and re-registered on 6 December 2012 as an Ethiopian Residents Charity. ECDD has 60 Association members, a 7-member Board of Directors, and more than 40 staffs, about 50% being persons with disabilities. ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote and facilitate “disability inclusive development” in Ethiopia – the inclusion of disability issues and persons with disabilities in mainstream government service delivery and development organization programs.
ECDD is implementing a project entitled “Pastoralist Areas Resilience Improvement through Market Expansion (PRIME)” in consortium with Mercy Corps Ethiopia, CARE Ethiopia, Kimetrica, Haramaya University, SoS Sahel- Ethiopia, Aged and Children Pastoralist Association (ACPA), Action for Integrated Sustainable Development Association (AISDA), Horn of Africa Voluntary Youth Committee (HAVOYCO), Friendship Support Association (FSA). The 5-year project is implementing activities in Eastern Cluster (Somali Region), Afar Cluster, and Southern Cluster (Oromia).
The ECDD-PRIME Local Disability Advisor (LDA) is required to coordinate PRIME project activities in Afar region reporting to the ECDD-PRIME Project Coordinator based in Gewane. The LDA is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and reporting on all activities of the PRIME project, specifically performing the following tasks:
Description of Tasks
1. Prepare an overall work plan for the implementation of the activities of the project.
2. Conduct disability audit/assessments within implementing partners’ programs and premises
3. Develop participatory disability inclusive action plans in partners programs and services
4. Develop and adapt training manuals and materials related to disability inclusion
5. Develop guidelines on disability issues in accordance with requests from partners organizations and in collaboration with ECDD technical resources
6. Conduct disability inclusion training as per the training guideline of ECDD
7. Provide technical assistance and support for partner organizations on disability inclusive practices.
8. Sensitize and mobilize authorities, professionals and beneficiary community about disability inclusive interventions.
9. Facilitate/Support disability inclusion activities within program intervention of implementing partners at all levels
10. Develop and disseminate good practices on disability inclusion and mainstreaming
11. Compilation of assessment and training reports.
12. Coordinate the implementation of disability inclusive training activities, in cooperation with TVET agencies, local MFIs, local micro and small enterprise development agencies, private business sector and other training institutions.
13. Plan and organize disability awareness and inclusive training for TVET and other training personnel, in cooperation with PRIME partners and DPOs
14. Identify resource persons and trainees for disability awareness training and prepare training materials
15. Document and disseminate examples of good practice and lessons learned
16. Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the PRIME Project Coordinator