· Responsible for overall project activities in absence of the Area Coordinator.
· Staff management at project level.
· Responsible for purchase approval together with the project manager.
· Facilitation of official relationship with line Departments and any concerned external body.
· Preparation of financial and activity report.
· Sign cheques in Afar Account together with the project manager.
· Supervise and control the store management, project tools and materials.
· Oversee the maintenance and management of cars, generators, computers and communication materials.
· Follow-up and timely record of supplies at area office level.
· Ensuring proper and formal recording of incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects.
· Managing the supplies and purchasing functions with in the area.
· Plan vehicles and motor bikes for the project activities and closely monitor and manage fuel supply and consumption.
· Prepare annual fixed asset registration report for Afar program and send to Head office.
· Monitor inventory of tools, spare parts and vehicles.
· Manage and control the overall IT system with in the area project.
· Maintain formats and other necessary documents in relation to tasks above.
· Report directly to the Area Coordinator and Administration Manger.
Qualification and experience:
· Minimum Diploma in Management/Administration.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role. NGO Experience is desirable.
· Good understanding of Humanitarian Standards and adherence to Humanitarian Principles.
· Strong Management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
· Having training skills is advantageous ;
· Highly organized, efficient, and able to meet key deadlines
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Highly developed inter-personal skills/inter-cultural sensitivity;
· Competence in IT;
· Ability to work under pressure in harsh environment;
· Languages: English fluently spoken and written.
Duty Station: Talalak (Afar Region)
Project Area : Talalak, Dewe, Adaar, Dali Fage, and Simurobi Woredas (Afar Region).
Availability: as soon as possible
Type of employment: Employment contract of one year with possibility of extension based on performance.
Salary: Monthly basic salary of 8,750 ETB plus 30% hardship allowance + 1,000 birr monthly transport allowance + pension fund and medical insurance + plus other organization benefits.