Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Procurement Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Role & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action;
· Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
· Ensure proper filing of documents;
· Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Country Office: Logistics and Admin Department
· Area operations: Field Office Logistics/Procurement
· Procurement Plan: Budget holders at field and country level
· Procurement: Bid Committee Members
· Shared costs/ budget: Finance Department
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Support Function Officer/procurement in a humanitarian/recovery context;
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
(Knowledge of Somali language is advantageous).
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically;
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect