INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Date: January 5, 2017
Vacancy No: 156/16
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Do you want to be part of this team?
Would you like to be responsible for ensuring the staffs that are implementing this vision are qualified, motivated and committed to this vision? Please apply and join us!
Position: Senior Advisor – Nutrition
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Closing Date: January 15, 2017
Number of vacant posts: 1 (One)
Term of employment: Regular
Duty starting date: Immediately
The senior nutrition advisor reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) of Livelihoods for Resilience. S/he will be responsible to provide technical support on program planning and implementation as per the DIP and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) and builds the capacity of frontline staff implementing nutrition work for Livelihoods for Resilience and associated projects/initiatives. In consultation with immediate supervisor and close collaboration with other advisors in CCU, the nutrition advisor will lead monitoring and periodic reporting of assigned elements of nutrition component in line with CARE Ethiopia’s vision, goals, and program principles, standards, approaches and long range strategic plan. Special focus will be promotion of nutritious gardens and homestead poultry production for consumption and income.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Jointly develops annual work plan (DIP) and allocate budget to ensure the effective implementation through the implementing partners of Livelihoods for Residence;
· Ensures provision of vegetable seeds, fruit seedlings, poultry and hand tools to the project targets using appropriate and sustainable approaches;
· Ensures provision of poultry package complies with local government guidelines and meets the minimum nutritional requirement of the targets,
· Make sure Livelihoods for Resilience target HHs (with pregnant and lactating women and children under two) are linked to existing government mother support groups (CHD,CBN, etc.);
· Ensures nutrition sensitive and climate-smart IGAs are extended to women that substantially contribute to improved nutrition;
· Identifies technical staffing needs for nutrition, develops TOR and JD as required;
· Identifies training needs and capacity building, ensures adherence to guidelines and MOUs;
· Assists project staffs to develop nutrition education to improve dietary practices, transform traditional attitudes to bring about behavioral change and contribute to improved nutrition and household income;
· Trains health care providers, DAs and model women, VESA leaders on the use and post-harvest storage of high nutrient foods (e.g. vegetable);
· Assist in establishing baseline for nutrition interventions;
· Prepares quarterly, high quality progress reports of performance of nutrition activities and facilitates timely submission to the LDM manager for compilation;
· Prepares a monthly program and program support plan that helps to visit field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the program staff in terms of recommendations for improved performance;
· Develops nutrition and nutrition sensitive indicators to measure progress in knowledge of the nutritional value of foods, the magnitude of behavioral and practical changes;
· Establishes and maintain formal and informal communication mechanisms with partner staff and CLA advisor in CCU;
· Promote lessons and best practices drawn from GRAD’s nutrition work with external partners;
· Analyzes past experiences to systematize and incorporate lessons learned into the DIP process;
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
· BSc degree in nutrition, agriculture, food science or related.
· MSc degree in related fields
6 years of work experience working on nutrition, agriculture, food security and livelihoods.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, adaptability, stress tolerance, innovation, building partnership, communicating with impact, coaching, facilitating change, developing teams, information monitoring, planning and organizing, leading through vision and value.
Let Employers Find YouUpload/Update Your CV