Tender Reference # T-SCI-ET-2017-002
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
In Ethiopia, under the child protection program, Save the Children is responding to ensuring the wellbeing of children by prioritizing four areas of intervention: Appropriate care (including Children on the Move), Protection of children against violence, children and harmful work and child protection systems.
SCI plans to conduct terminal evaluation for the project that has been implementing in partnership with South Gondar Zone Women and Children Affairs Department since 2014. Save the Children will hire a well-qualified consultant competent to conduct the terminal evaluation with quality and standard that meets minimum expectations outlined in this TOR
Save the Children Ethiopia Country Office wants to hire competent Consulting firms for the consultancy work on “Terminal evaluation”
The consulting firm should have:
· Minimum Masters Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology, Developmental Psychology, from a recognized institution. Team composition is highly valued.
· Experience in social science research and specific experiences on designing and conducting mid-term and terminal evaluation in the child protection sector
· Experience on qualitative research methods and analysis
· Expert knowledge and practical experience on child protection issues in Amhara Region.
· Knowledge and experience of using participatory methodologies
· Proficiency in computer skills, including use of appropriate and relevant software.
· Experience of coordinating diverse teams and communicating with individuals/groups at all levels
· Strong analytical, presentation and writing skills in English language
· Available in Jan and Feb, 2017
How to Apply
The detailed inquiries (TOR) for the consultancy work can be found from Save the Children Ethiopia Country Office in Addis Ababa, situated around Bisrate Gabriel Church
Save the Children Ethiopia Office
At the Main Security Gate
Dire Complex, Behind Bisrate Gabriel Church
P.O Box 387
Tel 011 3 72 84 55-61
Interested applicants should submit their completed tender proposal signed and stamped two separate sealed documents of one technical proposal including curriculum vitae of the proposed professional(s) with supporting document along with copy of renewed firm’s License, and Two Financial proposal “one original” and one Copy ‘including professional fee proposal on the basis of daily rates, VAT and perdium costs, as well as transport costs separately for the stated work to the above mentioned address of Save the Children, Ethiopia Country Office on January 26, 2017 at 2:00 P.M . The SCI Procurement committee will open the proposals.
Save the Children reserves the right to accept or reject the entire or partial part of this bid