Job Title: HCT/STI/IPPS/BS Central Technical Advisor, ERs
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Line Manager: CTD Director
Direct Report: None
Under the guidance of CTD director, the HCT/STI/IP/BS advisor supports the design and implementation of comprehensive, family centered, and quality HCT/STI/IPPS/BS programs at the Emerging Regions and their health facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of the HCT/STI/IPPS/BS Unit of ICAP - CU in Ethiopia, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
In the absence of the HIBS advisor supporting the FMOH ,the incumbent will Provide technical assistance at national level to rollout HCT/STI/IPPS/BS services
· Provide technical assistance to the Emerging RHBs in developing/updating/customizing different provider support tools and client education materials
· Support capacity building of staffs in the health care system at different levels (Regional, Zonal, Woreda and Health Facility)
· Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HCT/STI/IPPS/BS programs in the RHBs of the Emerging Regions
· Ensure the establishment of blood transfusion committee in each transfusing facilities in emerging and federal hospitals
· Facilitate HCT/STI/IPPS/BS related trainings and monitor the quality
· Ensure the implementation of HCT/STI/IPPS/BS minimum package in ICAP supported heath networks
· EXpected to participate two weeks per month in the clinical systems mentorship and supportive supervision program which sometimes could be extended beyond two weeks as deemed as necessary
· Review ICAP regional offices monthly HCT/STI/IPPS/BS performance and provide feedback
· Harmonize annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly plan with other departments
· Support capacity building of ICAP regional and zonal staffs on HCT/STI/IPPS/BS services to facilitate mentoring of site level health care workers
· Work closely with other advisors in central technical units
· Take an active role in targeted evaluations of HCT/STI/IPPS/BS related projects.
· Represent ICAP-Ethiopia in different forums when assigned by the supervisor
· Under the basis of need assessment conducted by ROs ,will be accountable to follow the technical evaluation ,purchasing process and distribution of furniture and supplies to ICAP supported blood banks
· Prepare the unit annual work plan with targeted benchmark indicators and evaluate them quarterly
· Present and participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual ICAP performance review meetings.
· Compiles monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Ensure that all HCT/STI/IPPS/BS related targets are met; and
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
· Physician and specialist of Internal Medicine with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS clients with focus on HIBS.
· Experience in HIV program technical coordination
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
· Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages